1. Deciding what you want
People move about jobs for a number of reasons.
- Are you fed up with current job situation?
- Do you feel that have achieved as much as you can in your current job?
- Are you being career focused
- Having a need to move on and progress further?
- Can you obtain more money by moving externally to another company?
Whatever your reason you will need to plan your move ! When deciding the job that you want and the company you would like to work for you will need to consider:
- The money on offer - what's financial effect on you of accepting an offer - use the jobit.com salary calculator to find out.
- The Location - how far away is it ? How long will it take to get there and back every day?
- Working Environment - What are the working conditions like? Is it somewhere you feel comfortable and can fit into ? Is the company culture a place for you?
- Additional Benefits - How many holiday days will you receive? Pension Scheme? Private Medical Insurance? share options and any other benefits ?
- Training - what is available? will this improve the skills you are looking for? Will it improve future career progress.