Dimensional Inspector- 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY)
CPP-Syracuse is a manufacturer of premium investment castings for the Air Craft and Industrial Gas Turbine industry and has been in business for over 70 years.
We have over 200 employees currently working in our Chittenango, NY facility.
We are currently looking for an experienced individual for our Metal End.
The Dimensional Inspector is a critical position in assuring the aerospace parts are straightened and gaged to instructions/quality standards.
We will train; experience is preferred.
This position is on our 2nd Shift Monday - Friday with overtime as needed.
Dimensional Operator - This position the successful candidate to perform duties related to the straightening and gaging of rough/final castings to work instructions.
The successful candidate will be able to gage the gate for height compliance and be able to examine the casting for defects and may be required to perform the function of a sandblast or shell removal operator as needed.
The ability to use basic gauges and measuring devices is required.
Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
The successful candidate will also be able to Identify and implement improvement opportunities through the use of tools such as Systematic Problem Solving, Process Management, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
* Ability to gage rough/final castings for conformance to specifications through the use of standard measuring devices, tools and fixtures.
* Ability to straighten rough/final castings by means of pressing, twisting, bending, heating and striking.
* May be required to perform the functions of a Sandblast Operator and Part Mark as needed.
* Identify and implement improvement opportunities through the use of tools such as Systematic Problem Solving, Process Management, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
* Responsible for adherence to all safety policies, practices and procedures.
* Must be able to read and to write legibly.
* Maintain a clean, organized work area
* Ability to work overtime
* Ability to work at the Chittenango facility
* Education: High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
* Certifications/Licenses: None
* Experience: Entry Level Position - Prior manufacturing experience a plus
With nineteen facilities across the United States, Mexico and Europe, CPP specializes in high-precision, geometrically complex aerospace components and subassemblies.
CPP's capabilities include directionally solidified/single crystal (DS/SC) castings, investment casting (superalloys, aluminum, steel, magnesium), dry sand, green sand and permanent mold.
In-house services include rapid prototyping, stem drilling, tool construction, machining, ancillary processing, painting, coating, kitting and assembly.
We are an AS9100 registered company.
More information about our company can be found at: http://www.cppcorp.com/
CPP-Syracuse offers its employees a competitive compensation ...
More Jobs from CPP-Syracuse
- Caregiver | PRN at Terrebonne Place
- Housekeeper | Full-Time at Blanchard Place
- Hotel Laundry Attendant
- Hotel House Person
- Hotel Guest Room Attendant
- Laundry Attendant Full Service
- Grain Operations Worker
- Hotel Assistant General Manager
- Worker II, Operations - Plant Nutrient
- EHS Specialist - Cob Pack
- Benefits Specialist
- Executive Assistant
- Postbote für Pakete und Briefe in Berlin-Britz (m/w/d)
- Senior Production Worker - $1K Sign On Bonus Offered
- Senior Fulfillment/Shipper
- Control Process Operator
- Mag Crane Operator
- Career Welder
- 1st Shift Big Press Control/Process Op_Senior