Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets.
At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations.
We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO.
If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
* Pay starts at $19.56/hour
* 2nd Shift, Monday - Friday
* Full health insurance on day one
* Life and disability insurance
* Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
* 9 paid company holidays
* 401(k) option with company match
* Employee stock purchase plan
* Education assistance
What you'll do on a typical day:
* Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight
* Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand
* Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies
* Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety policies
* Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
* Work on a dock that is not climate-controlled for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
* To be at least 18 years of age
* Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
* Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends, due to varying freight volumes
It'd be great if you also have:
* Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry
* Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload environment
* Experience loading and unloading trailers
* Desire to succeed with a strong attention to detail
This job requires the ability to:
* Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs.
frequently and greater than 70 lbs.
* Sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including a pallet jack, forklift and by hand
* Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
* Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classificat...
More Jobs from XPO Logistics, Inc.
- Caregiver | PRN at Terrebonne Place
- Housekeeper | Full-Time at Blanchard Place
- Hotel Laundry Attendant
- Hotel House Person
- Hotel Guest Room Attendant
- Laundry Attendant Full Service
- Grain Operations Worker
- Hotel Assistant General Manager
- Worker II, Operations - Plant Nutrient
- EHS Specialist - Cob Pack
- Benefits Specialist
- Executive Assistant
- Postbote für Pakete und Briefe in Berlin-Britz (m/w/d)
- Senior Production Worker - $1K Sign On Bonus Offered
- Senior Fulfillment/Shipper
- Control Process Operator
- Mag Crane Operator
- Career Welder
- 1st Shift Big Press Control/Process Op_Senior