Senior Electronic Technician
If you are an experienced Electronic Technician looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you based in our Austin, TX location! In this critical role, you will support an agile hardware development and support team delivering our best-in-class process control products to our customers.
The ideal candidate has experience testing and trouble-shooting electronics with embedded microcontrollers for Industrial Process Control Equipment.
This will include testing for the engineers in the group, writing reports, and failure analysis of products returned from our customers.
As a Senior Electronic Technician, you will:
* Work with vendors for failure analysis of OEM Products
* Analyze failures in returned products to identify patterns we should act on
* Write detailed failure analysis reports for customers
* Maintain lab equipment and instrumentation used by our design team and the Software development and Test Teams
* Organize and re-stock hardware lab consumables and components needed for development
* Conduct product and board level testing to support Development Engineers on new and revised products
Who You Are:
You focus on priorities and set stretch goals.
You understand what you do well, and what areas still need development and mentors.
You research initiatives and try new approaches.
You make new connections and build relationships in other areas and teams.
Required Education, Experience & Skills:
* Associate degree in Electronics or similar
* 6+ years proven experience supporting hardware development and testing
* Familiarity with development and debug of complex circuit boards
* Familiarity with common lab equipment including meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, soldering equipment, and environmental test chambers
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel up to 10% as needed
* Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
* Legal authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills:
* Experience working at a component level on microprocessor/microcontroller-based data acquisition and control products
* Experience with internal and external product communications
* Experience in development of proprietary hardware with embedded firmware
* Experience in the use of industrial process control systems or safety systems
* Experience with ISO certified processes and audits, and/or development of products for use in a SIL or Hazardous Area location environment
More Jobs from Emerson
- Caregiver | PRN at Terrebonne Place
- Housekeeper | Full-Time at Blanchard Place
- Hotel Laundry Attendant
- Hotel House Person
- Hotel Guest Room Attendant
- Laundry Attendant Full Service
- Grain Operations Worker
- Hotel Assistant General Manager
- Worker II, Operations - Plant Nutrient
- EHS Specialist - Cob Pack
- Benefits Specialist
- Executive Assistant
- Postbote für Pakete und Briefe in Berlin-Britz (m/w/d)
- Senior Production Worker - $1K Sign On Bonus Offered
- Senior Fulfillment/Shipper
- Control Process Operator
- Mag Crane Operator
- Career Welder
- 1st Shift Big Press Control/Process Op_Senior