Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving?
Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland has an exciting opportunity for a EHS Specialist to join our Personal Care and Household business.
This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the EHS function.
This position will report to the EHS Director.
This is a US based role that supports the EH&S sustainability team.
This person will be responsible for supporting the sustainability programs for Ashland in communicating to key internal and external stakeholders on sustainability programs, progress and strategy.
This person will also develop and manage sustainability reports such as the CDP, and maintain and update GRI and SASB indices, and will take the lead on preparing content for the annual company sustainability report, with the communications team.
This person will also support in managing and validating emissions data, and responding to customer requests regarding sustainability programs and certifications, and other requests as needed.
This role will work closely with a team including a US and EMEA based sustainability lead.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Develop and present to the Ashland commercial leadership teams on regular progress of sustainability programs
* Support and present sustainability strategy externally to key customers with the communications teams
* Respond to annual sustainability reports, rating groups, and indices including the CDP, GRI and SASB indices, MSCI, Sustainalytics, and others.
* Respond to customer requests regarding certifications and general EH&S and sustainability programs.
* Track customer request trends and provide feedback on existing and emerging sustainability certifications and requests
* Respond to sales requests relating to GHG emissions and impact, and as needed
* Work closely with operations to support and promote growth of sustainability programs and culture
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
* Passion for sustainability
* Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Environmental Management, or an equivalent science
* 3-5 years experience in corporate sustainability role, with experience with CDP disclosure and SASB/GRI indices
* Experience with Life Cycle Assessments is preferred
* Background knowledge in sustainability programs, greenhouse gas emissions accounting practices and standards
* Experience and basic knowledge in SAP preferred
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated experience in project manage...
More Jobs from Ashland, LLC
- Lead Psych Tech - Youth Diversion Center
- Program Support Specialist (220571)
- Community Peer Support Specialist (220570)
- Key Account Manager - Household Sales
- Production Manager
- Truck Driver - CDL (Oriskany, NY)
- Planner/Scheduler (Everett, WA)
- Product Engineer - Aerospace (Bloomington, MN)
- Operations Associate - Aerospace Entry Level - 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY) (Chittenango, NY)
- Specialist, Logistics
- Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift Aerospace Industry (Bloomington, MN)
- Specialist, Accounts Payable
- Dimensional Inspector- 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY)
- Customer Service Representative - Full-Time
- OSP Driver - 2nd Shift (Eastlake, OH)
- Conventional Mill Operator (Everett, WA)
- Senior Director, Operations
- Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
- Trailer Mechanic - $33.18/hour
- Senior Director, Operations