Staff Nurse - StepDown Hospital Transition
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD ("The HARRIS CENTER") is looking for a Staff Nurse to join our team.
The Staff Registered Nurse provides nursing care to patients/individuals with mental and/or developmental disabilities in a variety of Agency settings.
Duties include delivering nursing care and coordinating nursing activities as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
Utilizes the nursing process to plan
document and evaluate nursing care provided under the requirements of the Texas Nurse Practice Act within the Standards of Nursing Practice.
What you will do:
* Utilizes a five step systematic process (nursing process) to deliver consumer services.
This process includes assessment
implementation and evaluation.
* Demonstrates decision making that is clinically sound
well researched and reflects awareness of impact and governed by state and Agency practices .
* Performs technical nursing skills within the scope of practice for a RN and in accordance with Agency policies and procedures for individual and/or multiple consumer assignments.
Performs diagnostic tests
sets up equipment and applies therapeutic treatments.
* Documents relevant information regarding nursing care in consumer records
charts and reports.
Documents observations of consumer signs
behaviors and response to medications and treatments.
Complies with established Agency policies/procedures
accrediting/regulatory bodies and performance contract documentation requirements.
explains and educates consumers and family members regarding medications
relevant treatment information
and disease processes.
Provides pertinent health information at an appropriate level and includes meaningful literature to support understanding.
* Provides nursing care with the focus on consumer
and technical safety.
* Assigns specific tasks
activities and functions and maintains appropriate supervision of other RNs
LVN's and unlicensed personnel in Agency settings for consumers with a variety of health care needs in accordance with program design and structure.
* Demonstrates behaviors that promote development of positive outcomes in relation to the practice of professional nursing.
* Utilizes a problem-solving approach as the basis for decision making in practice
including reporting relevant information to other members of the health care team or supervising Registered Nurse/Physician.
* Provides to other members of the health care team
health education and information on disease processes and medications in order to meet/address consumer health care needs.
* Provides ethical nursing care in a confidential
- Rate: Not Specified
- Location: Houston, US-TX
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Finance
- Recruiter: The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
- Contact: Not Specified
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 1879353941
- Posted: 2022-08-05 08:38:28 -
- View all Jobs from The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
More Jobs from The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
- Lead Psych Tech - Youth Diversion Center
- Program Support Specialist (220571)
- Community Peer Support Specialist (220570)
- Key Account Manager - Household Sales
- Production Manager
- Truck Driver - CDL (Oriskany, NY)
- Planner/Scheduler (Everett, WA)
- Product Engineer - Aerospace (Bloomington, MN)
- Operations Associate - Aerospace Entry Level - 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY) (Chittenango, NY)
- Specialist, Logistics
- Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift Aerospace Industry (Bloomington, MN)
- Specialist, Accounts Payable
- Dimensional Inspector- 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY)
- Customer Service Representative - Full-Time
- OSP Driver - 2nd Shift (Eastlake, OH)
- Conventional Mill Operator (Everett, WA)
- Senior Director, Operations
- Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
- Trailer Mechanic - $33.18/hour
- Senior Director, Operations