Peer Navigator-Step Down Hospital Transition
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD ("The HARRIS CENTER") is looking for a Peer Navigator to join our team.
Works with peers to help assess needs
and facilitate referrals to social services as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Provides peers and families with information on community and Agency resources.
What you will do:
* Engages in face-to-face contact with peers to help assess their needs
provide peer support
education and help facilitate referrals to social services.
* Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
Maintains open communication with medical director
program/unit director and other professional staff.
* Provides peers and their families with information on community and Agency resources.
* Responsible for accurate and timely collection
entry and maintenance of required program data.
* Encourages peers to attend consumer meetings/support groups
and supports their efforts to develop empowerment skills through self-advocacy.
* Demonstrates respect and cultural sensitivity to peers
and fellow employees.
* Demonstrates strong customer-service oriented behaviors.
Treats everyone in a polite
problems and issues in a manner that is helpful and responsive.
* Advocates for peers to ensure that needs are met both within the Agency and the community.
* Demonstrates flexibility to meet the on-going needs of the Agency.
Performs other duties as assigned and adapts to changing work requirements.
* Complies with Agency policies and procedures
and demonstrates professional
and confidential conduct in all work behavior.
What qualifications you will need:
* Must have High School Diploma or GED.
* Must have Texas ID
Driver's License preferred.
* Must be a Certified Peer Specialist / have equivalent certification or must take the Certified Peer Specialist training within 6 months of hiring.
* 0-2 years of experience.
* Must self-identify as a user of Mental Health Services with no crisis services utilized within a year
and no hospitalization within a year.
May consider one stay within a year if it was a short duration.
Background check is required.
* Prefer past experience of being in a mental health crisis.
* Prefer experience of some homelessness.
* Basic understanding of mental illness
common signs and symptoms and the ability to identify difficulties coping in community settings.
* Familiar with having navigated the Mental Health System.
* Bi-lingual is a strong plus.
* Group affiliations a strong plus; i.e.
* Strong communication
and positive interpersonal skills.
* The ability...
- Rate: Not Specified
- Location: Houston, US-TX
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Finance
- Recruiter: The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
- Contact: Not Specified
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 1879353873
- Posted: 2022-08-05 08:38:24 -
- View all Jobs from The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
More Jobs from The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
- Lead Psych Tech - Youth Diversion Center
- Program Support Specialist (220571)
- Community Peer Support Specialist (220570)
- Key Account Manager - Household Sales
- Production Manager
- Truck Driver - CDL (Oriskany, NY)
- Planner/Scheduler (Everett, WA)
- Product Engineer - Aerospace (Bloomington, MN)
- Operations Associate - Aerospace Entry Level - 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY) (Chittenango, NY)
- Specialist, Logistics
- Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift Aerospace Industry (Bloomington, MN)
- Specialist, Accounts Payable
- Dimensional Inspector- 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY)
- Customer Service Representative - Full-Time
- OSP Driver - 2nd Shift (Eastlake, OH)
- Conventional Mill Operator (Everett, WA)
- Senior Director, Operations
- Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
- Trailer Mechanic - $33.18/hour
- Senior Director, Operations