Lead Nurse - PES
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD ("The HARRIS CENTER") is looking for a Lead Nurse to join our team.
Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and/or Medical Director provides leadership and direction to licensed and non-licensed staff in the provision of nursing care to individuals with mental and/or developmental disabilities in Agency service settings.
Acts as role model and resource person by demonstrating professionalism and the ability to effectively implement the nursing process in the delivery of nursing care under the requirements of the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
Demonstrates effective utilization/deployment of nursing staff
encourages professional growth among nursing staff
and ensures delivery of quality nursing service.
What you will do:
* Utilizes a five step systematic process (nursing process) to deliver consumer services.
This process includes assessment
implementation and evaluation.
* Demonstrates decision making that is clinically sound
well researched and reflects
awareness of impact.
* Performs technical nursing skills within the scope of practice for a RN and in accordance with Agency policies and procedures for individual and/or multiple consumer assignments.
Performs diagnostic tests
sets up equipment and applies therapeutic treatments.
* Documents relevant information regarding nursing care in consumer records
charts and reports.
Documents observations of consumer signs
behaviors and response to medications and treatments.
Complies with established Agency policies and procedures
accrediting/regulatory bodies and performance contract requirements for documentation.
explains and educates consumers and family members regarding medications
relevant treatment information
and disease processes.
Provides pertinent health information at an appropriate level and includes meaningful literature to support understanding.
* Provides nursing care with a focus on consumer
environmental and technical safety.
* Assigns specific tasks
activities and functions and maintain appropriate supervision of other RN's
LVN's and unlicensed personnel in Agency service settings for consumers with a variety health care needs in accordance with program design and structure.
* Demonstrates behaviors that promote development of positive outcomes in relation to the practice of
* Utilizes a problem-solving approach as the basis for decision making in practice
including reporting relevant information to other members of the health care team or supervising Registered Nurse/Physician.
* Provides health education
disease process and medication information regarding consumer health care needs...
- Rate: Not Specified
- Location: Houston, US-TX
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Finance
- Recruiter: The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
- Contact: Not Specified
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 1879353939
- Posted: 2022-08-05 08:38:20 -
- View all Jobs from The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
More Jobs from The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
- Lead Psych Tech - Youth Diversion Center
- Program Support Specialist (220571)
- Community Peer Support Specialist (220570)
- Key Account Manager - Household Sales
- Production Manager
- Truck Driver - CDL (Oriskany, NY)
- Planner/Scheduler (Everett, WA)
- Product Engineer - Aerospace (Bloomington, MN)
- Operations Associate - Aerospace Entry Level - 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY) (Chittenango, NY)
- Specialist, Logistics
- Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift Aerospace Industry (Bloomington, MN)
- Specialist, Accounts Payable
- Dimensional Inspector- 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY)
- Customer Service Representative - Full-Time
- OSP Driver - 2nd Shift (Eastlake, OH)
- Conventional Mill Operator (Everett, WA)
- Senior Director, Operations
- Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
- Trailer Mechanic - $33.18/hour
- Senior Director, Operations