Copy Of Lead Psych Tech - CPEP THC Independent Living
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD ("The HARRIS CENTER") is looking for a Lead Psychiatric Technician to join our team.
The Lead Psychiatric Technician works under the supervision of the Nurse Manager or designee to provide direct care services to patients who may present with a mental health and/or intellectual developmental disabilities.
The position also helps to support the unit by supervising assigned staff.
The Lead Psychiatric Technician should maintain a safe and secure environment for all patients in crisis environment and provide support services to Nursing and Clinical Treatment teams.
The position may also perform delegated nursing tasks and therefore would be under the supervision of a licensed nurse personnel when performing tasks.
What you will do:
* Promote a physically and emotionally safe environment
including conducting regular rounds and patient and property searches so patients can focus on managing their illnesses and disabilities to promote healing.
* Aid in basic patient care such as eating
and teaching and encouraging basic hygiene while observing patient progress to identify the need for additional services or changes in current treatment.
* Provide behavioral emergency assistance
such as patient restraint using approved Agency curriculum or basic first aid when needed
as well as recognize and report homicidal or suicidal behaviors.
* Monitor and document behavior of patients in seclusion or on precautions ? Performs duties (e.g.
etc.) as delegated by nursing personnel or assigned by a physician.
* Utilize Standard Precautions appropriately to prevent the spread of infection ? Respects the rights
and privacy of others.
* Interacts with the community
and patients by following the key principles of a trauma informed approach (i.e.
voice and choice
* Assists with the development of Psychiatric Technician I work schedules and daily assignments as well as help with hiring and training of other Psychiatric Technician I positions.
* Facilitates communication between licensed and non-licensed staff.
What qualifications you will need:
* High School Diploma or General Education Diploma.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* 2+ year of direct care experience in psychiatric or behavioral healthcare environment preferred.
* Understanding of Standard Precautions and Infection Control Procedures.
* Knowledge of and the ability to apply Handle with Care Crisis Intervention Techniques (HWC III).
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to coordinate patient care with treatment team.
- Rate: Not Specified
- Location: Houston, US-TX
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Finance
- Recruiter: The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
- Contact: Not Specified
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 1879353938
- Posted: 2022-08-05 08:38:20 -
- View all Jobs from The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
More Jobs from The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
- Lead Psych Tech - Youth Diversion Center
- Program Support Specialist (220571)
- Community Peer Support Specialist (220570)
- Key Account Manager - Household Sales
- Production Manager
- Truck Driver - CDL (Oriskany, NY)
- Planner/Scheduler (Everett, WA)
- Product Engineer - Aerospace (Bloomington, MN)
- Operations Associate - Aerospace Entry Level - 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY) (Chittenango, NY)
- Specialist, Logistics
- Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift Aerospace Industry (Bloomington, MN)
- Specialist, Accounts Payable
- Dimensional Inspector- 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY)
- Customer Service Representative - Full-Time
- OSP Driver - 2nd Shift (Eastlake, OH)
- Conventional Mill Operator (Everett, WA)
- Senior Director, Operations
- Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
- Trailer Mechanic - $33.18/hour
- Senior Director, Operations