Child Development Specialist I - Early Childhood Intervention
The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD ("The HARRIS CENTER") is looking for a Child Development Specialist III to join our team.
Provides Early Childhood Intervention Services.
These services include Referral
Intervention and Service Coordination to infants and toddlers birth to 3 years old and their families.
What you will do:
* Conducts telephone interviews to processes referrals and schedule initial evaluations and initial Individual Family Service Plans [IFSP].
* Assesses development for initial and annual eligibility
* Assesses development and ongoing progress in order to meet the needs of the child and family.
* Develops initial IFSPs with team members including the family.
* Schedules and reviews IFSPs every 6 months and annually.
* Provides Specialized Skills Training to address developmental needs.
* Provides Service Coordination to address child and family needs.
* Documents every contact and attempts to contact families electronically.
* Submits electronic documentation according to agency policy.
* Meets requirements to comply with ECI procedural safeguards and confidentiality.
* Meets ECI and agency required training policies.
* Meets annual requirements to renew EIS Certificate.
* Conducts chart audits to meet ECI policies and procedures.
* Provides written audit feedback to managers and staff.
* Provides ECI required and ongoing training.
* Maintains accuracy of EIS Registry.
* Assesses ECI training needs.
* Develops IPDPs and monitors completion of ECI CSPD.
* Provides mentoring visits to complete CSPD activities and as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
* Bachelor's degree.
The Bachelor's degree must be in the social sciences; if not
then a degree with a minimum of 18 credit hours of social science courses.
* A university transcript is required to verify applicable coursework if degree not in the social sciences.
* Experience working with children from birth to three years old is preferred.
* The person must have well-developed interpersonal
and problem solving skills and be a team player with a desire to provide a high level of customer service.
* Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and interact effectively at all levels within the organization.
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
* Cooperative and willing to assist others.
* Excellent organizational skills.
What we have to offer:
The HARRIS CENTER offers competitive salary
excellent benefits package
retirement plans with company matching
prior service credit towards generous PTO accrual
outstanding wellness programs and professional development.
Employees can also take advantage of business casual dress code
and gym memberships.
New hire referral bonus
discounts are al...
- Rate: Not Specified
- Location: Houston, US-TX
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Finance
- Recruiter: The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
- Contact: Not Specified
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 1879353934
- Posted: 2022-08-05 08:38:19 -
- View all Jobs from The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
More Jobs from The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD
- Lead Psych Tech - Youth Diversion Center
- Program Support Specialist (220571)
- Community Peer Support Specialist (220570)
- Key Account Manager - Household Sales
- Production Manager
- Truck Driver - CDL (Oriskany, NY)
- Planner/Scheduler (Everett, WA)
- Product Engineer - Aerospace (Bloomington, MN)
- Operations Associate - Aerospace Entry Level - 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY) (Chittenango, NY)
- Specialist, Logistics
- Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift Aerospace Industry (Bloomington, MN)
- Specialist, Accounts Payable
- Dimensional Inspector- 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY)
- Customer Service Representative - Full-Time
- OSP Driver - 2nd Shift (Eastlake, OH)
- Conventional Mill Operator (Everett, WA)
- Senior Director, Operations
- Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
- Trailer Mechanic - $33.18/hour
- Senior Director, Operations