Medical Assistant (220550)
We have an opening for a Medical Assistant in our Prescribers program! The Medical Assistant (MA) is responsible for supporting and providing professional medical assistance to the nursing and medical staff for diverse populations in multiple programs at Journey.
S/he provides culturally sensitive care and services to consumers and works closely with a multidisciplinary team to assist in planning, coordinating, delivery, and supporting medication services that are recovery oriented and trauma informed.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
It is the agency's belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
It is important that we choose employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear from us.
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered an interview.
Please review the qualifications carefully.
We wouldn't want you to put effort into your application materials if you don't meet the essential qualifications.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Medical Assistant reports directly to the Nurse Manager with overall supervision by the Medical Director.
* Associate Degree as a Medical Assistant
* Experience working with individuals who have mental health and/or substance abuse problems or other behavioral health issues.
* Knowledge of psychotropic medications.
* Ability to work collaboratively on teams with prescribers, nurses, counselors, and crisis service workers.
* Ability to work in collaborative relationships with a variety of disciplines and philosophies.
* Commitment to provide culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, and trauma informed services to diverse populations.
* Commitment to provide community-based services for persons with multiple needs and inadequate resources in addition to providing direct service.
* Excellent communication, time management and organizations skills.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to be flexible and a creative participant in a changing system.
* Possession of a valid driver's license, a favorable driving record, adequate insurance (per WI law) and access to a vehicle.
Typical Physical Demands
May require driving, sitting, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching; and the ability t...
More Jobs from Journey Mental Health Center
- Lead Psych Tech - Youth Diversion Center
- Program Support Specialist (220571)
- Community Peer Support Specialist (220570)
- Key Account Manager - Household Sales
- Production Manager
- Truck Driver - CDL (Oriskany, NY)
- Planner/Scheduler (Everett, WA)
- Product Engineer - Aerospace (Bloomington, MN)
- Operations Associate - Aerospace Entry Level - 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY) (Chittenango, NY)
- Specialist, Logistics
- Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift Aerospace Industry (Bloomington, MN)
- Specialist, Accounts Payable
- Dimensional Inspector- 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY)
- Customer Service Representative - Full-Time
- OSP Driver - 2nd Shift (Eastlake, OH)
- Conventional Mill Operator (Everett, WA)
- Senior Director, Operations
- Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
- Trailer Mechanic - $33.18/hour
- Senior Director, Operations