Truck Driver Student
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets.
At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations.
We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO.
If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
* Home daily
* Pay starts at $21.74/hour
* Full health insurance on day one
* Life and disability insurance
* Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
* 9 paid company holidays
* 401(k) option with company match
* Employee stock purchase plan
* Education assistance
What you'll do on a typical day:
* Attend training sessions to obtain a CDL-A
* Gain on-the-job experience as an LTL Driver
* Under supervision, perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
* Maintain records in accordance with FMCSR, DOT and company policies
* Load and unload freight using a forklift as needed (touch freight)
* Verify and complete required documentation and reports
* Adhere to company safety policies
* Maintain contact with service center personnel in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
* To be at least 21 years old
* 1 year of related experience
* Hold a valid state issued driver's license
* To attain a CDL-A permit by the first day of class; attain the following endorsements within 90 days of employment: double/triple trailers, tanker and HAZMAT
* Initiate the TSA fingerprint-based background check by completing the fingerprinting process no later than the second week of class
* Safe driving record and history
* To pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals in the last 3 years; pass a company-paid DOT physical
* To pass a company-paid DOT physical and pre-hire test (physical essential functions) ; perform essential functions with or without accommodation
* Availability to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
* Hold a valid state issued driver's license for a minimum of 12 months
* Forklift experience
* Class B CDL
This job requires the ability to:
* Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs.
frequently and more than 75 lbs.
* Safely operate heavy equipment; move and position a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.
* Walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; work in adverse weather conditions; climb in and out of a tractor cab and tra...
More Jobs from XPO Logistics, Inc.
- Lead Psych Tech - Youth Diversion Center
- Program Support Specialist (220571)
- Community Peer Support Specialist (220570)
- Key Account Manager - Household Sales
- Production Manager
- Truck Driver - CDL (Oriskany, NY)
- Planner/Scheduler (Everett, WA)
- Product Engineer - Aerospace (Bloomington, MN)
- Operations Associate - Aerospace Entry Level - 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY) (Chittenango, NY)
- Specialist, Logistics
- Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift Aerospace Industry (Bloomington, MN)
- Specialist, Accounts Payable
- Dimensional Inspector- 2nd Shift (Chittenango, NY)
- Customer Service Representative - Full-Time
- OSP Driver - 2nd Shift (Eastlake, OH)
- Conventional Mill Operator (Everett, WA)
- Senior Director, Operations
- Forklift Operator - 2nd Shift
- Trailer Mechanic - $33.18/hour
- Senior Director, Operations