Forklift Operator - Part-Time - 2nd Shift
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets.
At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations.
We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO.
If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
* Pay starts at $19.07/hour
* 2nd Shift
What you'll do on a typical day:
* Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight
* Use appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand
* Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies
* Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety policies
* Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
* Work on a dock that is not climate-controlled for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
* To be at least 18 years of age
* Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
* Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends, due to varying freight volumes
It'd be great if you also have:
* Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry
* Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload environment
* Experience loading and unloading trailers
* Desire to succeed with a strong attention to detail
This job requires the ability to:
* Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs.
frequently and greater than 70 lbs.
* Sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including a pallet jack, forklift and by hand
* Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
* Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
More Jobs from XPO Logistics, Inc.
- Finance and Business Support Assistant Manager (Pre-Opening)
- Documentation Administrator with Spanish
- ESS Helpdesk Frontline Agent
- Clinical Account Executive - Work from home - Express Scripts (Health Plans)
- Sales Compensation Lead Analyst
- Pharmacy Technician - Certified or Trainee License - Express Scripts
- Cigna Medical Group (CMG) PRN Mammo Tech (Phoenix - West Valley Locations)
- Financial Data & Analytics Lead Analyst - Medicare- Work from Home
- Account Installation Senior Representative - Benefit Access/Dentacom - Work From Home
- Medicaid Product Strategy Senior Advisor- Work at Home
- Government Program Manager - MDLIVE
- CRM Product Owner-Work from home
- Onsite Service and Wellness Advocacy Lead - St. Louis, MO
- Customer Service Representative - Work from Home, USA - Accredo
- Counsel- Supply Chain- Work at home- Evernorth
- Director Intelligent Automation Account Manager - Evernorth (Government, Clinical Care, Pharmacy ex
- Senior Cloud Engineer-Work from home
- Health Educator - Part time 28 hours - Evernorth - Carrollton TX
- Sr. Solutions Architect-Work from home-Express Scripts
- Pharmacy Process Lead Analyst