Voter Participation Specialist
This position will be responsible for assisting with the registration of voters and processing and issuance of absentee ballots for each City election.
Duties may include sorting mail, including applications received via mail for absentee ballots and voter registration, checking general city clerk email box, and using the Cityâ€™s Qualified Voter File software to receive ballot applications, assign ballot numbers, prepare ballot envelopes for mail, and check in returned ballots.
May perform other duties as assigned, including assistance to the Cityâ€™s election inspector recruiter/trainer.
Additional responsibilities also include administrative tasks such as answering the phone, filing, and data entry.
Hourly Rate: $17.00
* Incumbent must be at least 18 years of age.
* Knowledge of Michigan Qualified Voter File (QVF)
* At least one year of prior election experience, including election inspector experience, but preferably election administration experience.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of the incumbent.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Positions in this class typically require: walking, standing, reaching, lifting, pushing, pulling, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Move and lift light objects up to 30 lbs.
including voting tabulators, ballot boxes, supplies, etc.
Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive hand/arm movements.
Preference will be given to candidates who are available to work all day on Monday, March 9 and Tuesday, March 10 (Election Day).
* High School Equivalent or better
See job description
More Jobs from City of Ann Arbor
- Maintenance Planner cum Scheduler
- Ausbildung Fachkraft Kurier-, Express- u. Postdienstleistungen (m/w/d) in Ohrdruf
- Mechatroniker fÃ¼r Betriebstechnik (m/w/d)
- Paketbote in Vollzeit (m/w/d)
- IOP Adolescent Therapist
- Postbote fÃ¼r Pakete und Briefe - Aushilfe (m/w/d)
- Inventory Specialist - Part Time
- Mobile Sales Consultant - Part Time
- Core Home Theater Sales Consultant - Part Time
- Computing Sales Consultant
- Inventory Specialist
- Postbote fÃ¼r Pakete und Briefe (m/w/d)
- Driver/Material Handler (Lawrenceville)
- Outside Sales Representative
- Seasonal Cashier/Food Service
- Wildlife Technician
- Residential Inspector
- Residential Inspector
- Pest Control Technician