TransCore (TRN), a subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc.
(NYSE: ROP) is seeking a full-time Database AdministratorÂ to join our team in Ashburn, Virginia.
Job Summary:Â Â The Database Administrator is responsible for maintaining, managing, and optimizing MS-SQL Server databases in support of Enterprise and External Web applications.
This includes working closely with system managers and developers to optimize systems for availability and performance; and provide data analysis services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
* Optimizes and tunes database systems.
* Proactively monitors performance and capacity.
* Performs data ports and data loads; monitors and tests data integrity as required.
* Backup, recovery and archiving databases.
* Troubleshoots database issues and performs database impact analysis for proposed changes.
* Ensures that systems stay updated on all relevant patches and upgrades.
Supervisory Responsibilities:Â This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education:Â Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
Knowledge:Â Developing professional expertise, applies company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Job Complexity:Â Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
Supervision:Â Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
Experience:Â Typically requires a minimum of 2 years of related experience.
Language Skills:Â Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.Â Ability to write simple correspondence.
Â Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills:Â Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.Â Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability:Â Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.Â Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:Â Microsoft DBA Certifications and Training preferred.
Physical Demands:Â The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to...
More Jobs from TransCore, LP
- VerkÃ¤ufer Postfiliale (m/w/d) in 30826 Garbsen 305
- VerkÃ¤ufer Postfiliale (m/w/d) in 30900 Wedemark 3
- Praktikum (m/w/d) im Bereich Controlling
- Labormitarbeiter in der QualitÃ¤tskontrolle (m/w/d), befristet fÃ¼r 2 Jahre
- Labormitarbeiter in der QualitÃ¤tskontrolle (m/w/d), Standort Penzberg
- Patient Care Assistant
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Advance Practice Nurse
- Ambulatory Nurse Manager-Specialty Care Milford
- Orthopedic Specialty Nurse
- Accounting/Processing Specialist
- Manager in Training, Railcar Repair
- Manager in Training - Railcar Repair
- Insulation/Gutter Installer
- Sales Consultant
- Gutter Installer
- Network Relations Consultant - PS34370