Worker II, Operations - Grain
For assistance on how to apply, please click here
This position is responsible for performing operations tasks involving the receiving, storage, cleaning, packaging and shipping of grain.
* Perform at least six tasks in the operations area contributing to customer service, grain conditioning and general facility upkeep
* Operate various types of mobile equipment
What is expected of you and others at this level
* Has developed skills through formal training or considerable work experience
* Works within established procedures
* Completes work with a moderate degree of supervision
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
* 1-2 years' relevant experience required
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed.
It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time.
All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons' Statement of Principles.
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
frequently and occasionally 100 lbs.
* Must be able to work in high places and in confined spaces.
* Must have previous Operations experience.
* Frequent exposure to fumes, cold, heat, dirt, dust, and noise.Â
* Must be able to work various shifts as well as swing shifts during peak harvest seasons.
* Must be flexible to working daily overtime and weekends as needed.
* Safe operation of mobile equipment such as Bobcat, Forklift, Payloader and Locomotive.
* Operate truck dumps in a safe and efficient matter.
* Participate in all aspects of rail loading including lid closer, locomotive operator, loader, and blender.
* Operate grain dryers.
* High degree of customer service skills.
* Work on maintenance crews as needed with a focus on monthly preventative maintenance of equipment.
* Strong expectations of adhering to, living, and breathing the safety culture of the company/facility.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
The Andersons, Inc.
is a Drug-Free Workplace.
The Andersons, Inc.
is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc.
conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position.
A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers th...
More Jobs from The Andersons Inc
- VerkÃ¤ufer Postfiliale (m/w/d) in 30826 Garbsen 305
- VerkÃ¤ufer Postfiliale (m/w/d) in 30900 Wedemark 3
- Praktikum (m/w/d) im Bereich Controlling
- Labormitarbeiter in der QualitÃ¤tskontrolle (m/w/d), befristet fÃ¼r 2 Jahre
- Labormitarbeiter in der QualitÃ¤tskontrolle (m/w/d), Standort Penzberg
- Patient Care Assistant
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Advance Practice Nurse
- Ambulatory Nurse Manager-Specialty Care Milford
- Orthopedic Specialty Nurse
- Accounting/Processing Specialist
- Manager in Training, Railcar Repair
- Manager in Training - Railcar Repair
- Insulation/Gutter Installer
- Sales Consultant
- Gutter Installer
- Network Relations Consultant - PS34370