Railcar Repair Worker/Welder (First Shift)
For assistance on how to apply, please click here
An operating group of The Andersons, Inc., the Rail Group ranks seventh among privately-owned fleets in the U.S.
It provides a variety of services to the rail industry including fleet management, leasing, repair and custom fabrication.
The Rail Group repairs, sells, manages, and leases a fleet ofÂ Â 24,000+ various types of railcars and locomotives.
It also provides repair, maintenance and component manufacturing services to private railcar owners through its 24 repair shops and steel fabrication facility.
This position is responsible for assisting with general railcar repair operations and for performing regular housekeeping and maintenance functions.
* Assist with various railcar repair jobs in assigned areas such as welding, painting/blasting, cleaning, and valve repair
* Obtain materials, tools, parts, and equipment for railcar shop personnel
* Perform regular housekeeping duties as assigned
* Assist with performing routine preventative maintenance and minor repairs of equipment and machinery
What is expected of you and others at this level
* Has developed skills through formal training or considerable work experience
* Works within established procedures
* Completes work with a moderate degree of supervision
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
* 0-2 years' relevant experience required
* Must be able to drive for the company according to the Company's Vehicle Safety and Driver Qualification Policy at Locations where mobile work is performed
* Must pass Physical Capabilities Test
* Strong welding skills and mechanical aptitude
* Railcar repair experience a strong plus
* Must be comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed.
It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time.
All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons' Statement of Principles.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
The Andersons, Inc.
is a Drug-Free Workplace.
The Andersons, Inc.
is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc.
conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position.
A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at talentacquisition@anderso...
More Jobs from The Andersons Inc
- VerkÃ¤ufer Postfiliale (m/w/d) in 30826 Garbsen 305
- VerkÃ¤ufer Postfiliale (m/w/d) in 30900 Wedemark 3
- Praktikum (m/w/d) im Bereich Controlling
- Labormitarbeiter in der QualitÃ¤tskontrolle (m/w/d), befristet fÃ¼r 2 Jahre
- Labormitarbeiter in der QualitÃ¤tskontrolle (m/w/d), Standort Penzberg
- Patient Care Assistant
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Advance Practice Nurse
- Ambulatory Nurse Manager-Specialty Care Milford
- Orthopedic Specialty Nurse
- Accounting/Processing Specialist
- Manager in Training, Railcar Repair
- Manager in Training - Railcar Repair
- Insulation/Gutter Installer
- Sales Consultant
- Gutter Installer
- Network Relations Consultant - PS34370