Sr QA Manager
Set and maintain quality standards for company products through the use of systematic processes.
Develops, modifies, and executes software test strategies, plans and suites.
Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
May develop tools and environments to automate test execution.
Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
* Provides direct and ongoing leadership for an organization of multiple subordinate managers and individual contributors designing and implementing quality assurance and test processes and managing projects for end-user applications, systems software, and firmware running on hardware, local, networked, and Internet-based platforms.
* Manages headcount, deliverables, schedules, and budget for multiple ongoing projects and programs, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
* Responsible for Lab management, planning and maintenance Engages with program managers, marketing, supply chain, technical leaders and executives to communicate program status, escalate issues, and guide and influence strategic decision-making.
* Manages relationships with outsourced partners and suppliers, including setting expectations regarding deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs; ensures that team members are effectively communicating and collaborating with outsourced resources.
* Proactively identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reductions opportunities.
* Provides overall people-care management for direct reports, includinghiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; drives and fosters organization-wide performance standards, expectations, and practices to support ongoing team member and process development.
Education and Experience Required:
* First level university degree or equivalent experience required.
* Advanced university degree preferred.
* Typically 10 or more years of related work experience, including 5 or more years of people management experience.
* Experience in managing small technical teams with a mix of manual test and automation engineers Expertise in test automation frameworks (e.g., Robot) and automation languages (e.g., Python)
* Experience testing complex software applications Thorough understanding of software test tools, methodologies and processes
* Experience testing big data software applications a plus
* Experience with big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop, ElasticSearch a plus Experience in testing security products or cloud-based products a plus
Knowledge and Skills:
* Advanced leadership skills, including coachin...
More Jobs from Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Store Manager
- Key Holder
- Manager, Quality Assurance (Commercial)
- Administrative Assistant II
- Assistant Buyer
- Cedar Knolls IHOP now hiring server
- In-House Counsel / Personal Attorney to Company Founder
- Credentialed Trainer, Electronic Health Record
- Compliance / Procurement Analyst
- Registered Nurse Med/Surg
- Business Development Executive
- Oral Surgeon
- General Dentist
- General Dentist
- Bilingual Retail Sales Associate
- Housing Counselor
- Dental Practice Administrator
- Chef / Kitchen Manager
- Facilities Manager - Residential Properties