Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 71531BR Date posted 08/21/2018 City East Hartford State Connecticut Country US
The sky has no limits.
Flight is an instrument of human progress.
It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible.
At Pratt & Whitney, you'll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation.
Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it.
As part of the team, you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while shaping and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most advanced commercial and military turbine engines, is seeking a highly motivated manufacturing engineering professional to support Hot Section Module Center South's manufacturing engineering organization.
Do you thrive in environments where you get results across functions? Do you love influencing outcomes to gain desired results?
As Manufacturing Engineer, you will have the opportunity to serve in a dynamic environment where you will work across disciplines, influencing successful outcomes while building strong, credible relationships with key partners.
You will also take ownership over military product families and liaise between manufacturing and engineering.
* Represent manufacturing during Engineering Change proposals and promote high standards while delivering premier results in regards to design for manufacturability Organize and lead manufacturing Process Control reviews for significant design and/or process changes
* Develop and maintain Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) methodology for assigned engine hardware
* Handle new Product Development through the shop and supplier base
* Take ownership of cost reduction and process improvement initiatives
* Handle and maintain shop floor work instructions
* Provide focused and effective leadership in eliminating Environmental Health and Safety/Ergonomics/Human Factors risks
* This role has Significant interaction with the hourly work force, tool designers, quality assurance, integrated product teams, systems designers, Information Systems, and program assembly partners
* A working-knowledge of the ACE (Achievable Competitive Excellence) Tools is desired including Process Certification, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, QCPC (quality control process charts)/Root-Cause Analysis and Set-Up Reduction/Mistake-Proofing.
* Bachelor Degree with Engineering/ Manufacturing discipline such as Mechanical, industrial, manufacturing or operations or equivalent related technical discipline is required
* 2+ years of manufacturing engineering experience
* US CItizenship is required due to government contracts
* Master's degree highly preferred.
M S degree - Mechanical, Manufa...
More Jobs from Pratt & Whitney
- Supply Chain Order Management Analyst
- Rebate Supervisor
- Production Supervisor, I
- Set up Crew - Levi's Stadium
- Valet Assist - Seasonal
- Valet Attendant - San Jose
- Shuttle Driver - On-call - San Francisco
- Parking Attendant
- Asistant Manager - Parking Lead
- Valet (Part-Time)
- Valet Attendant - Berkeley
- Valet Attendant - Oakland
- Production Manager
- Dental Hygienist - Spring Ridge Dental Care
- Regional Support Administrator
- Dental Assistant- Erie, CO