Food and Nutrition Cook
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Prepares palatable, nourishing, well-balanced meals to meet the daily nutritional and special Diet needs for each resident.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
â€¢ Handles, stores and disposes of raw and prepared food items in accordance with company and facility procedures and in compliance with state and federal regulations.
â€¢ Follows production schedules and standardized recipes that correspond to the menu cycles developed by Registered Dietitians.
â€¢ Prepares food alternates to accommodate resident choices.
â€¢ Maintains food service equipment and work spaces in a clean and safe condition at all times according to facility policies and procedures and applicable regulations.
â€¢ Responsible for opening and / or closing kitchen.
â€¢ Performs other tasks as necessary and appropriate when assigned.
â€¢ High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
â€¢ One-year experience as a cook in an institutional food service setting preferred.
May be designated as Lead for Food and Nutrition Aides in absence of Manager.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Working in institutional kitchen environment, employee may be required to sit, bend, stoop, see, talk and hear.
May occasionally lift or move items of up to 50 pounds.
Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Agrees to safeguard the privacy of residents' protected health information from improper use and disclosure according to state and federal law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply, please contact Jack West, HR Manager at 407-756-6442.
See job description
- Rate: Not Specified
- Location: Rocky Mount, US-NC
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Catering
- Recruiter: Rocky Mount Rehabilitation Center, LLC
- Contact: Renita Walker
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: FOODA01906-00001
- Posted: 2018-07-12 09:39:56 -
- View all Jobs from Rocky Mount Rehabilitation Center, LLC
More Jobs from Rocky Mount Rehabilitation Center, LLC
- Preschool Teacher- Exciting Opportunity!
- District Floater Assistant Teacher - Lexington Area
- PreSchool Teachers- Free CDA Classes! F/P Positions
- Wonderful Early Childhood Educator Teacher
- Lead Preschool Teacher
- Assistant Teacher
- Lead Toddler Teacher
- Assistant Teacher
- Full Time Toddler Teacher
- Assistant Director
- Infant Assistant Teacher (Part-Time/Mornings)
- School-Age Lead Teacher (Part-Time/Afternoon)
- Lead Teachers (Toddlers and 2's)
- Dedicated Before & After School Child Care Site Director
- Part Time Bus Driver: Champions
- Infant/Toddler Lead Teacher
- Sr. Customer Business Partner
- PIMS Administrator
- ITS BP Marketing & eCommerce
- Production Statistician