Associate Specialist, Metrology Technical Systems
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future.
You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities.
Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
The Associate Metrology Specialist applies knowledge of measurement science, mathematics, physics and electronics to calibrate instrumentation associated with plant and process equipment, ensuring accuracy of pressure, temperature, time, dimensional and other measurements.Â The metrologist will adapt equipment, standards and procedures to accomplish unique measurements.Â They will use electronic and hard copy systems to maintain detailed records of calibrations and conduct metrology-related administration.
* Displays Emergent Core Values of Respect, Commitment, Empowerment, Communication and Innovation continually
* Coordinates and schedules calibration activities using the SAP Enterprise System.
* Maintains detailed records of calibration activities.
* Performs calibration of instrumentation necessary for maintaining production equipment, laboratory equipment and other auxiliary measurement systems.
* With assistance, directs calibration activities of outside calibration vendors.
* With assistance, coordinates shipping of instruments for outside calibration.
* With assistance and in communication with the purchasing and accounting groups, uses the SAP system to create purchase orders for metrology-related expenses and to track invoices to ensure timely payment of vendors.
* Assists in qualification of equipment / facilities as needed.
* Assists in programming, maintenance and troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers and process/environmental monitoring systems.
* Established procedures and maintains existing procedures with supervision.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job.Â It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
* Bachelors degree in Engineering / related discipline or High School diploma with 2-4 years experience
* Experience in industrial/pharmaceutical metrology setting preferred
* Basic knowledge of electronics and instrumentation systems required
* Detailed knowledge of calibration procedures and basic knowledge of programmable logic controllers is preferred
* SAP experience strongly preferred
* Must possess the ability to schedule many varied tasks and track them to completion.
IV: Physical/Mental Requirements
Type/keyboard, visual acuity, good eye/hand coordination, stand, walk, sit, twist/turn, climb, reach outward, reach above shoulder, hand dexterity, bend, squat/kneel, sense of feel, sense of hearing, sense of smell, lift/carry 4...
More Jobs from EBSI
- Preschool Teacher- Exciting Opportunity!
- District Floater Assistant Teacher - Lexington Area
- PreSchool Teachers- Free CDA Classes! F/P Positions
- Wonderful Early Childhood Educator Teacher
- Lead Preschool Teacher
- Assistant Teacher
- Lead Toddler Teacher
- Assistant Teacher
- Full Time Toddler Teacher
- Assistant Director
- Infant Assistant Teacher (Part-Time/Mornings)
- School-Age Lead Teacher (Part-Time/Afternoon)
- Lead Teachers (Toddlers and 2's)
- Dedicated Before & After School Child Care Site Director
- Part Time Bus Driver: Champions
- Infant/Toddler Lead Teacher
- Sr. Customer Business Partner
- PIMS Administrator
- ITS BP Marketing & eCommerce
- Production Statistician