Customer Service Representative
Possesses a genuine desire to serve our Customers by processing and providing information through a multitude of avenues including, but not limited to, the essential functions of the job listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
* Answer a variety of customer information requests by phone, e-mail, and fax or in person regarding rates, routing, packing procedures and interline transportation procedures.
* Process Bills of Lading for receiving, review bills for complete information, assign codes and instructions as required.
Enter alpha and numeric receiving data from source documents into computer in office and occasionally in warehouse environment.
* Quote accurate rates and document cargo bookings for shipments.
* Rate Bills of Lading using companyâ€™s computer program.
* Respond to customer questions, concerns and service requirements via phone, e-mail, and fax or in person.
* Process and inspect vehicles, equipment and break bulk cargo for shipment to Alaska or Hawaii.
* Enter documents into scanning (Imaging) system.
* Employ training received on AMLâ€™s Customer Experience Initiative.
* Carry out all duties with a strong commitment to excellent customer service.
* WHY WORK FOR ALASKA MARINE LINES?Â
We offer a stable and set work schedule that gives you a life outside of work.
Having not had a single layoff in 30+ years, we offer you job stability in a career that can take you to retirement.
Competitive pay and great benefits with a solid company that cares about its employees makes AML the place for you.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Education or GED is required.Â Minimum of 2' years experience in customer service is required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* PC Skills Required: Windows, Word, Excel, Explorer, Outlook
* Keyboard and ten key by touch
* Employee must enjoy the challenge of working in a multiple task - fast paced environment.
* Employee must possess a genuine desire and skill to meet the customer's needs in the most efficient manner possible.
* Ability to meet a regular work schedule.
* Daily physical presence is required.
* Regular attendance and timeliness are essential functions of this position.
* Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work to meet schedules/deadlines.
* Ability and willingness to work overtime as required.
* Ability to work alone or as part of a team with minimal supervision.
* Ability to change focus and job duties in a fast moving, time restricted environment.
This job descriptio...
More Jobs from Alaska Marine Lines, Inc.
- Trade Marketing Associate
- Assistente Administrativo II - Aorta e PerifÃ©rico Vascular
- Physical Therapist - Sports Medicine
- Financial Counselor
- Program Manager - Clinical Operations Practice Optimization
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Sparta Med/Surg
- Academic Medical Dermatologist
- RN Case Manager FL
- Point of Care Coordinator - Lab
- Cardiovascular Radiologist
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Family Med
- Application Engineer (Custom Solutions), FULL-TIME
- Paramedic - Pool
- Medical Director, Telehealth
- Consumer Insights Manager
- Claims Examiner
- Insurance Counselor
- Insurance Processor
- Claims Adjuster