Diesel Technician (Shop)
Company:Â NMC Group
Title:Â Diesel Technician (Shop)
Location:Â Omaha, NE
Nebraska Machinery Companyâ€™s Diesel Technician (Shop) is responsible for repairing Caterpillar machines to customersâ€™ satisfaction in a shop environment.
This person removes, installs, repairs, disassembles, assembles, performs failure analysis of all Caterpillar equipment including engines, attachments, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmissions, power train, brakes, steering, and electronic and computer applications.
This position is eligible for Relocation & Transitioning Military Assistance.
* 2+ Years of experience diagnosing and repairing heavy equipment which may include construction or agriculture equipment, generators or industrial engines (Caterpillar equipment knowledge is preferred).
* Experience diagnosing and repairing internal combustion engines (diesel).
* Experience with various types of systems and components (hydraulics, mechanical, pneumatic, power train, electronic, electrical, air and fuel systems, ac/dc electrical theory, etc.) on a large number of different kinds of equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Diesel Technician (Shop) inspects, diagnoses, troubleshoots, services and repairs customer Caterpillar machines in a shop environment.
* Conducts necessary machine performance and diagnostic tests, interprets results and makes decisions as to the extent of machine repair in a team environment.
* References and interprets service manuals, diagnostic software and parts books to determine problems/malfunctions and to verify repair specifications and parts needed.
* Verifies warranty information for parts still under warranty and handles return of core and remanufactured parts.
* Performs failure analysis on all Caterpillar equipment including engines, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmission, power train, brakes, steering and electronic/computer applications.
* Uses troubleshooting methods to repair and diagnose machine and attachment failures and performs repairs according to time requirement guidelines (TRG) standards.
Escalates unresolved issues to Technical Communicators for further research and assistance.
* Will perform other duties as required.
* Medical (and FSA/HAS plans), Dental, Vision Insurances
* Paid Vacation and Holidays
* Company-paid Basic Life Insurance
* Supplemental Term Life Insurance
* 401(k) with Profit Sharing
* Tuition Reimbursement and In-house Training Dept.
* Paid Military Leave
* Short and Long-Term Disability
* Safety Glasses and Boot Program
ABOUT NEBRASKA MACHINERY COMPANY
At Nebraska Machinery Company (NMC), our employees enjoy a relaxed culture with competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and an inspiring culture to meet the changing needs of our customers in a rapidly evolving environment.Â Â NMC enables our customersâ€™ success by understa...
More Jobs from Nebraska Machinery Company
- Trade Marketing Associate
- Assistente Administrativo II - Aorta e PerifÃ©rico Vascular
- Physical Therapist - Sports Medicine
- Financial Counselor
- Program Manager - Clinical Operations Practice Optimization
- Registered Nurse (RN) - Sparta Med/Surg
- Academic Medical Dermatologist
- RN Case Manager FL
- Point of Care Coordinator - Lab
- Cardiovascular Radiologist
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Family Med
- Application Engineer (Custom Solutions), FULL-TIME
- Paramedic - Pool
- Medical Director, Telehealth
- Consumer Insights Manager
- Claims Examiner
- Insurance Counselor
- Insurance Processor
- Claims Adjuster