Job Title: Category Manager 4
Reports to (Title):
Job Purpose (one statement explaining the jobâ€™s overall purpose)
The role holder will be responsible for providing strategic procurement direction to the S&N businesses and key stakeholders to ensure the business and commercial needs are met and aligned to the S&N business objectives.
Developing and managing a category strategy portfolio with key financial, risk and supplier measures to provide critical data and outputs to Proc Dir top line strategy.
The role holder will be required to liaise internally with key stakeholders including senior stakeholders, NPD/NPI teams, Finance, other Procurement teams and work closely with external suppliers to build effective supplier relationships.
Provide additional guidance to embed procurement best practice across the business.
Principal Accountabilities (Major end results the job is expected to achieve)
* To provide procurement direction to business stakeholders, developing and implementing strategic procurement initiatives to enable the development of a supplier portfolio optimised for the needs of the business and 5 year business plan in the 5 year horizon.
* To continually develop, implement, refine and communicate the procurement tools to underpin procurement â€˜best practiceâ€™ within S&N and align with strategic business plans.
* Identify Procurement cost reduction opportunities and implement aligned strategic plans to deliver against Cost Saving Targets across the portfolio; planning cost reduction, cost avoidance and value add projects over a 12 â€“ 36 month plan.
* To provide technical and commercial procurement expertise to all business projects, business areas and key suppliers across a wide range of categories, contract processing and risk profiles.
* Coach and educate S&N personnel in Procurement best practice and Supplier Selection process to ensure the maintenance of a robust supplier portfolio, challenging non-compliant behaviour.
* Maintain high standards of health and safety in the workplace in accordance with the Companyâ€™s Health and Safety Policy.
* Perform all activities in compliance with relevant GMP and Quality System standards and specifically with FDA Quality System Regulations, 13485, 9002 and EN46000
Job Context/ Key Challenges
* A key challenge of the role will be the alignment and management of key groups, stakeholders and suppliers, across multiple business critical projects and initiatives.
* This role will be the main contributor to the delivery of the challenging Year on Year savings targets and Global business savings initiatives.
* This role will ensure that resources are aligned to the needs of the business, strategic project milestones and Procurement deliverables.
Stakeholder engagement and supplier relationship management will be required for a...
More Jobs from USA - Smith & Nephew, Inc.
- Assistant Teacher
- Part Time Teacher
- Software Engineer II - Network Security DoS
- Hardware Engineer I
- Manager, Program Management
- Software Engineer II- F5aaS
- Manager Project Management Office, Flow Europe
- External Environmental Services \u0026 Event Set Up Supervisor
- Field Marketing Manager
- Shift Supervisor
- Shift Supervisor
- Catering Director- Morgan State University
- General Warehouse Worker
- Geek Squad Customer Care Agent
- Technician/Agent. Geek Squad Advance Repair
- Customer Service Specialist
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Digital Imaging
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections