Job Title: Supply Planner
Business/Function: Global Supply Chain
Location: Fort Worth/ USA
Reports to (Title):
Supply Planning Manager
A Supply Planner is responsible for planning, ordering and distributing product across the global supply chain network for an assigned portfolio of products.
Products are supplied from either S&N facilities or sub-contract manufacturers.
The metrics & deliverables for the role are
optimisation of inventory health
high level of service (OTIF/LIFRA)
identification of short to long term S&OP risks and opportunities
optimising the supply network and inventory
reduction in cost to serve (E&O, W&D and sourcing cost).
These metrics should be achieved without compromising the safety of our people and property, negatively affecting the quality of our products and maintaining compliance with regulatory standards.
The Supply Planner is responsible for executing the processes critical to achieving the above metrics.
They are also responsible for suggesting and driving continuous improvements in processes and people performance.
Principal Accountabilities (Major end results the job is expected to achieve)
* Responsible for monitoring the current period through the next 24 months globally when planning their product lines.
* Responsible for the timely aggregation and dissemination of reports and communications regarding their areas of responsibility.
* Responsible for preparing supply graphs for the next 18-24 months; identify risks and opportunities for supply plans, capacity, inventory, demand and market developments for areas of responsibility for presentation in Supply Reviews.
* Review daily and weekly service, backorders, stock coverage and demand reports, sequence un-forecasted and emergency orders, providing supply priorities to each manufacturing site and accurate product availability information to Network Planning and regional/global business units as required.
* Develop monthly/weekly supply plans to meet forecasted demand requirements, while optimizing capacity, inventory, and financial objectives.
* Contribute to excess and Obsolete stock reviews with Demand Planning, Network Planning and Finance teams, Identify and provide recommendations to prevent and reduce write offs or it necessary escalate issues to the global E&O/S&OP reviews.
* Identify and continuously improve planning tools and process.
* Monitor supplier performance and work with Procurement, Quality and Manufacturing teams in implementing remedial actions.
* Review and provide recommendations during the safety and target stocks review process.
* To perform all activities in compliance with relevant GMP and Quality Systems standards and specifically with FDA Quality System Regulation and ISO 13485.
* To apply high standards of occupational Health & Safety in the workplace to comply with company policy and proc...
More Jobs from USA - Smith & Nephew, Inc.
- Assistant Teacher
- Part Time Teacher
- Software Engineer II - Network Security DoS
- Hardware Engineer I
- Manager, Program Management
- Software Engineer II- F5aaS
- Manager Project Management Office, Flow Europe
- External Environmental Services \u0026 Event Set Up Supervisor
- Field Marketing Manager
- Shift Supervisor
- Shift Supervisor
- Catering Director- Morgan State University
- General Warehouse Worker
- Geek Squad Customer Care Agent
- Technician/Agent. Geek Squad Advance Repair
- Customer Service Specialist
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Digital Imaging
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections