Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange.
It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets.
The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries.
Â Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
is currently looking for an Estimator for their Main Office.Â The right candidate will be responsible for analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost, material, and labor estimates for products, projects or services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
* Perform quantity take-offs to prepare detailed estimates in accordance with drawings and specifications
* Review Invitation to Bid (ITB) for qualification of scope
* Interpret architectural drawings and specifications to determine project requirements
* Maintain computer databases (pricing, estimates, items, etc.)
* Approve/process all over-budget purchase orders
* Assist with maintaining take-offs, item cost and contract pricing
* Assist in cost negotiations
* Field phone calls from potential new vendors as well as field staff
* Obtain vendor quotes
Supervisory ResponsibilitiesÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or ExperienceÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Construction associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to four years related experience and/or training in the multi-family industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the ability to meet multiple deadlines
Proficient with MS Excel; knowledge of estimating software such as Blue Beam
Come joinÂ a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and areÂ looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success.
We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental.
Build YOUR future with D.R.
Horton, America's Builder.
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on TwitterÂ and like us onÂ Facebook!Â
More Jobs from D.R. Horton, Inc.
- Assistant Teacher
- Part Time Teacher
- Software Engineer II - Network Security DoS
- Hardware Engineer I
- Manager, Program Management
- Software Engineer II- F5aaS
- Manager Project Management Office, Flow Europe
- External Environmental Services \u0026 Event Set Up Supervisor
- Field Marketing Manager
- Shift Supervisor
- Shift Supervisor
- Catering Director- Morgan State University
- General Warehouse Worker
- Geek Squad Customer Care Agent
- Technician/Agent. Geek Squad Advance Repair
- Customer Service Specialist
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Digital Imaging
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections