Staff Process Development Engineer
As a Senior Engineer in Consumables Product Development you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment to develop sequencing consumables in support of product development programs.
You will help to design and develop robust, scalable manufacturing processes for consumables used in cutting-edge genomics research and for clinical applications.
* Become proficient in consumables fabrication processes, including wafer bonding, and dicing; use these processes in the prototyping and piloting of new products.
* Collaborate with teammates from Engineering, Research, and Operations Engineering to develop new manufacturing processes for consumables products used in Illuminaâ€™s next-generation sequencing platforms (such as flow cells and microarrays)
* Define technical requirements for consumable products
* Construct and execute controlled experiments to optimize processes to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness, and performance
* Use systematic problem-solving methods to troubleshoot complex issues related to product quality, stability and robustness.
Use project management tools to meet team goals.
* Provide assistance with equipment selection and workstation design to meet product quality, throughput and cost requirements.
* Conduct clear and concise communication with colleagues and managers through oral updates and written reports.
Preferred educational background:
* PhD in Materials Science/Eng, Mechanical Engineering, NanoEngineering, or related discipline with 4 -10 yearsâ€™ experience.
* Recent college graduates will be considered at a lesser level.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Good interdepartmental communication skills and ability to interact effectively across groups within a fast-paced environment are required.
* Experience with process development, improvement, scale-up and transfer to manufacturing desirable.
* Experience with semiconductor wafer fabrication processes is desirable.
* Experience with design of experiment (DOE) methodologies and statistical methods for data analysis (i.e., JMP, Minitab)
* Working knowledge of ISO13485, 21 CFR Part 11, ISO9001 and QSR guidelines a plus
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081.
To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
More Jobs from Illumina, Inc.
- Group Fitness Instructor
- Personal Trainer
- Explosive Performance Coach
- Kidsâ€™ Club Associate
- Group Fitness Specialty - Yoga
- Group Fitness Specialty - Zumba
- Swim Instructor
- Membership Consultant
- Kidsâ€™ Club Associate
- Group Fitness Specialty: Aquatics
- Group Fitness Specialty : Barre
- Cleaning Team Member
- Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Care Urgent Care (0.8FTE)
- Mammography Technologist Casual
- Community Health Specialist
- Supply Chain Logistics Manager (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care Emergency Department (0.7 FTE - Evening)
- Nursing Assistant Med/Surg Unit (0.7 FTE - Evenings)