Registered Nurse (RN) â€“ Infusion Therapy Center â€“ EI8G
Why Mayo Clinic
This position is open to experienced nurses and new grad nurses.
Location: Infusion Therapy Center - Eisenberg 8G
Patient Care Type: The Infusion Therapy specialty area provides coverage daily from 7:00 am - 11:30 pm in the ambulatory Infusion Therapy Center.
Bed #: 43
Nursing Team Roles: Infusion Therapy nurses are experts in the areas of intravenous medication administration, vascular access care and maintenance, PICC line placement and care, and are a resource for the Department of Nursing and institution on vascular access care and troubleshooting.
The Infusion Therapy Center provides a broad variety of infusion therapy such as IV medication, IM injection, blood product administration, and therapeutic phlebotomy
For new grad nurses: All newly graduated Registered Nurses with less than 12 months of practice experience, hired into a scheduled FTE Registered Nurse position on the Rochester campus of Mayo Clinic are automatically enrolled in the Nurse Residency Program.
A separate application or enrollment process is not required.
All nurses new to Mayo Clinic, regardless of experience, will receive an extensive orientation program.
The Nurse Residency Program at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, is a yearlong training program that provides you an opportunity as a newly licensed nurse to develop your leadership skills and receive support during your transition from student nurse to competent professional nurse.
The Nurse Residency Program will run concurrently with traditional unit orientation as designed for the unit new grad nurses are hired into.
Highlights of the program include:
- Learning sessions throughout your first year of practice
- Group discussions
- Transition support from peers and program leaders
- Active learning methods
- Group and/or individual evidence-based practice projects
The registered nurse (RN) is accountable for the coordination of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care.
The RN supports professional nursing practice across practice settings and across the continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family.
The RN will function within the Mayo Clinic Nursing Professional Practice Model, which includes accountability for planning, implementing, evaluating and communicating all phases of nursing care for assigned patients.
The ANA Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice provide a basis for the practice of the RN.
The RN provides leadership through activities such as preceptor role, informal leadership roles, and quality improvement efforts.
The RN delegates patient care according to skill level, experience, patient acuity, fiscal accountability, and adequacy of resources.
The RN possesses excellent communication skills; is skillful in mentoring and teaching; and may participate on committees or projects.
More Jobs from Mayo Clinic
- FSQR Manager
- Lead Teacher
- Casual- Cardiothoracic Surgery- Fargo, ND
- Radiologic Technologist (0.7FTE)
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool Med/Surg (PRN) Casual
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool -Med/Surg (PRN) - Casual
- Pharmacy Technician (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Adult Behavioral Health (0.6 FTE)
- Production Planner
- Registered Nurse - Neuroscience ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Surgical Technologist (0.9 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Coronary Care ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (0.8 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Surgery Supervisor (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.7 FTE)
- Pharmacy Coordinator (1.0 FTE)
- Behavioral Health Technician (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.6 FTE)
- Pharmacist - Resident (1.0 FTE)
- PHYSICIAN - Faculty w/OB (0.6 FTE), Duluth Family Medicine Residency Program - Duluth, MN