Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) - Oncology
The Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) works collaboratively to improve the quality of patient care and promote desired patient outcomes in the oncology population/specialty practice.
The CNS functions as a leader within the three spheres of influence (Patient/Client, Nurses and Nursing Practice, Organization/System), and is an active participant in the nursing leadership team.
This position is anticipated to be primarily focused on the hospital setting.
Master's Degree with a major in nursing with a Clinical Nurse Specialist focus.
Five years of successful work experience in nursing with two years in the specialty area preferred.
Experience as a CNS preferred.
Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient needs and CNS workload.
Doctorate of Nursing Practice degree preferred.
Internal applicants should attach their three most recent performance appraisals.
License or certification
Current RN license by applicable state requirements.
Current APRN, CNS license by applicable state requirements.
If state doesn't have APRN licensure, Clinical Nurse Specialist Certification, in designated specialty by a nationally recognized body deemed acceptable by the State Board of Nursing in the state the CNS practices or a documented waiver deemed acceptable by the Board of Nursing in the state the CNS practices, when there is no Clinical Nurse Specialist Certification examination for the specialty.
Maintains current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs: American Heart Association (BLS for Health Care Providers), Red Cross (CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers), or Military Training Network.
Additional specialty certification/training as required by the work area.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.Â The minimum salary every 2 weeks is approx $3589.60, based on a full-time position.
Monday - Friday
Mayo Clinic is located in the heart of downtown Rochester, Minnesota, a vibrant, friendly city that provides a highly livable environment for more than 34,000 Mayo staff and students.
The city is consistently ranked among the best places to live in the United States because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, excellent school systems and exceptionally high quality of life.
Advanced Practitioner/Provider, Nursing
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
More Jobs from Mayo Clinic
- FSQR Manager
- Lead Teacher
- Casual- Cardiothoracic Surgery- Fargo, ND
- Radiologic Technologist (0.7FTE)
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool Med/Surg (PRN) Casual
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool -Med/Surg (PRN) - Casual
- Pharmacy Technician (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Adult Behavioral Health (0.6 FTE)
- Production Planner
- Registered Nurse - Neuroscience ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Surgical Technologist (0.9 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Coronary Care ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (0.8 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Surgery Supervisor (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.7 FTE)
- Pharmacy Coordinator (1.0 FTE)
- Behavioral Health Technician (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.6 FTE)
- Pharmacist - Resident (1.0 FTE)
- PHYSICIAN - Faculty w/OB (0.6 FTE), Duluth Family Medicine Residency Program - Duluth, MN