Specialist - Health Information Management
Health Information Management Services
Why Mayo Clinic
Seeking a Health Information Specialist who's primary duty will be Release of Information.
Analyzes patient information to ensure compliance with standards established by Federal/State & Joint Commission & CMS regulations.
Coordinates with clinicians to ensure documentation contains all required elements and is completed in a timely manner.
Adheres to institutional policies regarding health care documentation.
Utilizes independent analytical and critical thinking skills.
Works independently and collaboratively across the enterprise with minimal supervision.
Adheres to guidelines with regard to accessing minimum necessary information to complete job function.
Adheres to state and federal rules regarding privacy and confidentiality of protected health information.
Leverages technology to serve the patients and practice.
Professionally communicates through all electronic, written, and verbal methods.
Ensures great customer service while assisting patients, care providers, allied health staff, attorneys, insurance companies, government audits, and others in a courteous, professional and confidential manner.
Associate degree in healthcare related discipline, with an Associate's degree in Health Information Technology preferred.
Must possess knowledge of medical records format and content and be able to perform work in a fast paced, constant change, production environment with a focus on quality.
Must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to clearly, concisely and professionally communicate verbally and in written forms.
Demonstrated ability to maneuver in multi technology environment and demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook) applications.
Keyboarding skills necessary, with intermediate typing/keyboard/computer skills.
License or certification
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) preferred.
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with internal equity when job offers are extended.
The minimum pay rate is $16.26 per hour.
Hours / Pay period
80 Hours per pay period
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00 pm
Waseca is known for their comfortable and friendly atmosphere.
It offers a wide range of outdoor recreation activities that can keep everyone moving and enjoying the outdoors.
Waseca public schools offer an excellent early childhood, kindergarten, elementary, and secondary experience.
Office & Administrative Support
Job posting number
Equal opportunity employer
Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
More Jobs from Mayo Clinic
- FSQR Manager
- Lead Teacher
- Casual- Cardiothoracic Surgery- Fargo, ND
- Radiologic Technologist (0.7FTE)
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool Med/Surg (PRN) Casual
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool -Med/Surg (PRN) - Casual
- Pharmacy Technician (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Adult Behavioral Health (0.6 FTE)
- Production Planner
- Registered Nurse - Neuroscience ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Surgical Technologist (0.9 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Coronary Care ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (0.8 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Surgery Supervisor (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.7 FTE)
- Pharmacy Coordinator (1.0 FTE)
- Behavioral Health Technician (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.6 FTE)
- Pharmacist - Resident (1.0 FTE)
- PHYSICIAN - Faculty w/OB (0.6 FTE), Duluth Family Medicine Residency Program - Duluth, MN