PCA â€“ Neurosurgery Post-Op â€“ MB9DE
Why Mayo Clinic
Location: Mary Brigh 9DE (MB9DE), Neurosurgery (General Care)
Patient Care Type: This is a neurosurgical general care unit specializing in care for patients with neurosurgical procedures as well as traumatic brain injured patients.
Bed #: 28
The patient care assistant assists patient care unit staff with delegated tasks of direct and indirect patient care, which support nursing practice under the direct supervision of a registered nurse.
The patient care assistant carries out designated activities that are within those functions limited by law to unlicensed nursing personnel.
Must meet at least one of the following four qualifications to be considered: Successful completion of the Acute Care component (NA1602) of the Nursing Assistant Program taught at Rochester Community and Technical College (and various other colleges) within the last five years.
A scanned copy of the certificate of completion or transcripts must be attached to your profile to be considered.
Or, if enrolled in a Nursing Program and have completed one semester of clinical rotations through an acute care hospital setting within the last five years.
Transcripts must be attached to be considered.
Or, one year or more as a Nursing Assistant/Patient Care Assistant in an acute care hospital setting, within the last five years.
Or, successful completion of one full-time semester/trimester (typically 12 credits) of college or university coursework and be certified as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
Basic Cardiac Life Support for healthcare providers- BCLS - certificate of course completion required and must not expire within 3 months after start date.
A scanned copy of the certificate of completion or transcripts, including your full name, must be attached to your profile to be considered.
We will only accept certificates of course completion from the following providers:
o American Heart Association (Title: BLS for Healthcare Providers or BLS Provider)
o Red Cross (Title: CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and Health Care Providers or BLS for Healthcare Providers)
o Military Training Network
Internal applicants should submit their three most recent performance appraisals
Please answer Yes to the corresponding question when you apply if you will be able to obtain the necessary licenses and/or certifications prior to start date.
Able to adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting.
License or certification
Maintains current Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers from one of the following programs: American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Minimum rate is $16.55 based upon union contract.
Hours / Pay period
72 hours per 2 week pay period
Sunday-Saturday; Nights; 8 & 12-hou...
More Jobs from Mayo Clinic
- FSQR Manager
- Lead Teacher
- Casual- Cardiothoracic Surgery- Fargo, ND
- Radiologic Technologist (0.7FTE)
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool Med/Surg (PRN) Casual
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool -Med/Surg (PRN) - Casual
- Pharmacy Technician (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Adult Behavioral Health (0.6 FTE)
- Production Planner
- Registered Nurse - Neuroscience ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Surgical Technologist (0.9 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Coronary Care ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (0.8 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Surgery Supervisor (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.7 FTE)
- Pharmacy Coordinator (1.0 FTE)
- Behavioral Health Technician (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.6 FTE)
- Pharmacist - Resident (1.0 FTE)
- PHYSICIAN - Faculty w/OB (0.6 FTE), Duluth Family Medicine Residency Program - Duluth, MN