Registered Nurse- PICU- 7pm-7am- 60 hours every two weeks
As one of the nationâ€™s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy.
We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children â€“ even those who may never enter our doors â€“ through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts.
At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Â
Nemours is seeking aÂ Registered Nurse- PICUÂ to join our team inÂ Wilmington, DE.Â This position isÂ 60 hours every two weeks, night shift (7pm-7am), with weekend and holiday rotation.
The Pediatric Intensive Care Unit of the A.I.
duPont Hospital for Children is a 22-bed unit in a Level 1 Trauma Center.
Patients requiring care and surveillance in the PICU will have conditions and diagnoses which may include, but are not limited to, those producing: acute and reversible loss of consciousness, respiratory failure, compromised air exchange, cardiovascular dysfunction, hepatic failure, hemodynamic instability, renal dysfunction, central nervous system injury or dysfunction, acute trauma and organ failure requiring transplantation.
Treatments or interventions performed in the PICU include measures utilizing advanced life support technology.
These include, but are not limited to cardiopulmonary resuscitation, tracheal intubation, ECMO, pharmacologic support of circulation, mechanical ventilation, point of care monitoring, CRRT, thoracentesis, and hemodynamic, intracranial pressure, intravascular monitoring.
Each patient room has electrocardiographic, pulse oximetry, respiratory, hemodynamic and intracranial pressure monitoring capability, as well as central EKG and respiratory monitoring.
Portable monitoring during patient transport is provided.
Special equipment includes; radiant warmer beds, heating/cooling blanket systems, Mapleson manual ventilation system, end tidal CO2 monitors, ventilators, hemodynamic monitoring systems, intracranial pressure monitoring system, ventriculostomy systems, infusion pumps, blood warmer, continuous renal replacement systems, and peripheral nerve stimulators.
Be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred
Must be an experienced pediatric intensive care nurse of at least 2 years.
Have a current registration or be for eligible Delaware State Board of Nursing Licensure.
Must be CPR certified by the American Heart Association.
Certifications: CCRN preferred
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve.
Our Associates enj...
More Jobs from Nemours
- FSQR Manager
- Lead Teacher
- Casual- Cardiothoracic Surgery- Fargo, ND
- Radiologic Technologist (0.7FTE)
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool Med/Surg (PRN) Casual
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool -Med/Surg (PRN) - Casual
- Pharmacy Technician (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Adult Behavioral Health (0.6 FTE)
- Production Planner
- Registered Nurse - Neuroscience ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Surgical Technologist (0.9 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Coronary Care ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (0.8 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Surgery Supervisor (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.7 FTE)
- Pharmacy Coordinator (1.0 FTE)
- Behavioral Health Technician (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.6 FTE)
- Pharmacist - Resident (1.0 FTE)
- PHYSICIAN - Faculty w/OB (0.6 FTE), Duluth Family Medicine Residency Program - Duluth, MN