Registered Nurse- Hem/Onc and BBMT- rotating shifts 60 hours every two weeks
As one of the nationâ€™s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy.
We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children â€“ even those who may never enter our doors â€“ through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts.
At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Â
Rotation days/nights 7a-7p / 7p-7a.
Every third weekend
This 24-bed unit has been designated as the Hematology/Oncology/Bone Marrow Transplant and Endocrine unit for the Nemours/ Alfred I.
duPont Hospital for Children.
This step-down unit provides inpatient care for patients with ages as defined by Nemours Policy 1.6.1 (Patient Care Protocols), requiring services from the Hematology/ Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant, and Endocrine subspecialties.Â Admitting diagnoses include but are not limited to: leukemia, lymphoma, brain tumors, neuroblastomas, solid organ malignancies, sickle cell disease, bleeding disorders, diabetes, and other types of genetic and immune disorders.
In addition, stem cell and bone marrow donors are cared for on this unit.
The type of patient care provided in this area is complex due to patient diagnosis, the intensity of therapy, the criticality of patient condition, and the extensive patient/family issues that necessitate nursing intervention.
Â The unit is designed to provide single patient care rooms.
The goal of the 3 East nursing team is to provide high quality care to our patients and families.
Patient and family needs are assessed, interventions provided, and outcomes evaluated based on written departmental policies and procedures as well as multidisciplinary plans of care.
The team of nurses provides nursing care through the AACN Synergy Model for Patient Care.
This modelÂ provides a structure for matching the patient's needs with the nurse's competenciesÂ to guide assignments that lead to theÂ best possible patient outcomes.
The inter-professional team isÂ committed to delivering the most comprehensive care possible.
This includes educating and providing hands-on training to patientsâ€™ families,Â to ensureÂ that caregivers are able to comfortably and confidently handle any home medical care that may be necessary.Â Â Family centered care rounds are performed daily to assure an inter-professional approach and partnership with the patient and family.
Nurses are responsible for coordinating patient care as part of an inter-professional team.
Nurses are required to be competent in the care of the newly diagnosed endocrine patient, and hematology, oncology, pre-, peri-, and post- bone marrow transplant patient ...
More Jobs from Nemours
- FSQR Manager
- Lead Teacher
- Casual- Cardiothoracic Surgery- Fargo, ND
- Radiologic Technologist (0.7FTE)
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool Med/Surg (PRN) Casual
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool -Med/Surg (PRN) - Casual
- Pharmacy Technician (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Adult Behavioral Health (0.6 FTE)
- Production Planner
- Registered Nurse - Neuroscience ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Surgical Technologist (0.9 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Coronary Care ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (0.8 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Surgery Supervisor (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.7 FTE)
- Pharmacy Coordinator (1.0 FTE)
- Behavioral Health Technician (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.6 FTE)
- Pharmacist - Resident (1.0 FTE)
- PHYSICIAN - Faculty w/OB (0.6 FTE), Duluth Family Medicine Residency Program - Duluth, MN