Certified Pharmacy Tech, Casual, Every Other Weekend, Rotating day/evening
As one of the nationâ€™s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy.
We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children â€“ even those who may never enter our doors â€“ through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts.
At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.Â
The Certified Pharmacy Technician position is responsible for assisting in the preparation of medications to be dispensed to patientâ€™s unit.
This includes the preparation of oral, topical, and intravenous medications, and the processing of outpatient prescriptions (this includes chemotherapy).
All medications that are prepared must be checked by a registered pharmacist.
Every other weekend, Rotating day/evening
Performs various functions associated with AIDHC drug distribution system.
This includes, but is not limited to, the preparation of medications for patients, the completion of necessary dispensing records, and the delivery and exchange of medications.
2.Performs aseptic compounding of parenteral admixtures and other sterile dosage forms.
This includes the practice of aseptic technique, proper procedure for preparing all types of parenteral admixtures (including chemotherapy or other specialty solutions).
Demonstrates a through knowledge, and maintaining competency of understanding the duties and responsibilities of the position to which he/she is assigned which may include:
â€¢ Unit dose cart fill
â€¢ Pyxis refill batch
â€¢ Kits and Carts
â€¢ IV admixture ( TPN, Chemotherapy, CRRT, Antibiotic and hydration therapies)
â€¢ Departmental orders
â€¢ Allergy Clinic
â€¢ Oral Specials batch
â€¢ Unit dose packaging
â€¢ Filling Outpatient Prescriptions
â€¢ Unit dose bar coding
â€¢ Pharmacy Inspections
â€¢ Delivery of Narcotics
â€¢ Floor Stock / Departmental Billing
Carries out the calculations required for the usual dosage determination and solutions preparation, using weight and volume equivalents in the metric system.
(All work must be reviewed and checked by a registered pharmacist)
Pharmacy Downtime procedures for Epic and Pyxis.
Must have the ability to work well with others.
Regular attendance is required.
Good communications skills are required.
Uses appropriate pharmaceutical medical terms, abbreviations, and symbols common to the prescribing, dispensing, and charting of medications in the hospital.
Operates automatic technology, (computers, repacking equipment, etc.) in accordance to policy, procedures, and manufacturing instructions.
More Jobs from Nemours
- FSQR Manager
- Lead Teacher
- Casual- Cardiothoracic Surgery- Fargo, ND
- Radiologic Technologist (0.7FTE)
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool Med/Surg (PRN) Casual
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool -Med/Surg (PRN) - Casual
- Pharmacy Technician (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Adult Behavioral Health (0.6 FTE)
- Production Planner
- Registered Nurse - Neuroscience ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Surgical Technologist (0.9 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Coronary Care ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (0.8 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Surgery Supervisor (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.7 FTE)
- Pharmacy Coordinator (1.0 FTE)
- Behavioral Health Technician (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.6 FTE)
- Pharmacist - Resident (1.0 FTE)
- PHYSICIAN - Faculty w/OB (0.6 FTE), Duluth Family Medicine Residency Program - Duluth, MN