Engineer III - Systems
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide.
Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A.
which employs more than 46,500 people worldwide.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance.
Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Located on the east coast of Florida in Melbourne, DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S.
and allied international military and intelligence agency applications.
Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications.
The companyÂ specializes in equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
As a Systems Engineer at DRS, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of secure tactical networks, integration of rugged computing systems, and software systems, to include assessment and technical evaluation of operating characteristics.
You will develop test plans and methodologies to support formal qualification and acceptance testing of systems.Â You will support testing of products, systems or subsystems in real-time and dynamic operating environments.
You will analyze test data and results and troubleshoot test failures.Â You will provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel.
You will translate equipment observations into system assessments and provide written reports with clarity and appropriate levels of detail.Â You will ensure that a disciplined approach with adherence to standard processes and operating procedures are followed in the verification and validation testing of unit-under-test systems and sub-systems.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
* Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget
* Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystemsÂ
* May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments.
Â Ability to lead a technical group independently
* Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variableÂ
* Provide budget, cost and schedule input for d...
More Jobs from DRS Technologies
- FSQR Manager
- Lead Teacher
- Casual- Cardiothoracic Surgery- Fargo, ND
- Radiologic Technologist (0.7FTE)
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool Med/Surg (PRN) Casual
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool -Med/Surg (PRN) - Casual
- Pharmacy Technician (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Adult Behavioral Health (0.6 FTE)
- Production Planner
- Registered Nurse - Neuroscience ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Surgical Technologist (0.9 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Coronary Care ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (0.8 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Surgery Supervisor (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.7 FTE)
- Pharmacy Coordinator (1.0 FTE)
- Behavioral Health Technician (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.6 FTE)
- Pharmacist - Resident (1.0 FTE)
- PHYSICIAN - Faculty w/OB (0.6 FTE), Duluth Family Medicine Residency Program - Duluth, MN