Publication Production Specialist
If you have a passion for making the world a better place and want to have a front row seat to the world stage, USIP is the place for you.Â
Â We are a nonpartisan institute chartered by Congress to tackle the worldâ€™s toughest problems.Â Working in conflict zones around the world, our staff advise and support the military, government officials and community leaders â€“ to promote knowledge and practices that prevent, mitigate and resolve violent conflict.Â To learn more about USIP programs and job openings go to https://www.usip.org/about/careers.Â The Institute is headquartered in Washington DC with staff working in 22 different countries, at any given time up to 20% of the staff could be deployed working in the field.Â
The Publication Production Specialist creates and designs USIP reports, publications, books, and other collateral for print and electronic publication.
The role will serve as the focal point and coordinator of production processes for USIP publications.
The Publication Production Specialist will ensure that products and collateral adhere to industry standards and USIPâ€™s policies and visual guidelines, plus amplify USIPâ€™s brand.
This position reports to the Director of Publications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
* Manages the production workflows of print, digital, and web-based publishing projects, from concept to completion to archiving; includes creating/editing, budgeting, scheduling, and tracking for reporting purposes.
* Designs and creates layouts for print-ready documents for publications, including reports, books, brochures, flyers, posters, brochures, displays, photos, and infographics.
* Acts as focal point for production project coordination, which includes working closely with external vendors, the USIP publications team, and the Institute as a whole.
* Collaborates with external vendors and contractors to actively manage project schedules, deadlines, roles and responsibilities, accountability, and performance.
* Responsible for closing out all financial aspects of production processes and recording final data for publications department reporting.
* Develops project requirements, timelines, and specifications for internal and external distribution, plus creates formal procedural documents.
* Performs document file conversions to allow for electronic publishing on multiple platforms and in multiple formats.
* Represents the publications department as a customer service representative, keeping client and stakeholders informed of statuses of projects, coordinating and attending meetings as needed to outline projects and review works-in-progress.
* Assists with developing and maintaining publication visual style guides and templates, in consultation with USIPâ€™s public affairs and communications (PAC) team.
* Applicants must be U.S.
citizens or nationals of countries listed in a U.S.
Collective Defense Arra...
- Rate: Not Specified
- Location: Washington, US-DC
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Media
- Recruiter: United States Institute of Peace
- Contact: Julie Ramirez
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: PUBLI01181-00001
- Posted: 2018-03-02 06:58:13 -
- View all Jobs from United States Institute of Peace
More Jobs from United States Institute of Peace
- FSQR Manager
- Lead Teacher
- Casual- Cardiothoracic Surgery- Fargo, ND
- Radiologic Technologist (0.7FTE)
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool Med/Surg (PRN) Casual
- Nursing Assistant - Float Pool -Med/Surg (PRN) - Casual
- Pharmacy Technician (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Adult Behavioral Health (0.6 FTE)
- Production Planner
- Registered Nurse - Neuroscience ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Surgical Technologist (0.9 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Coronary Care ICU (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Emergency Department (0.8 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Surgery Supervisor (1.0 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.7 FTE)
- Pharmacy Coordinator (1.0 FTE)
- Behavioral Health Technician (0.6 FTE)
- Registered Nurse - Acute Care - Inpatient Rehab (0.6 FTE)
- Pharmacist - Resident (1.0 FTE)
- PHYSICIAN - Faculty w/OB (0.6 FTE), Duluth Family Medicine Residency Program - Duluth, MN