Birch Family Services is seeking an experienced Buyer to join our Purchasing / Fiscal Team!Â The buyer will be responsible to perform all operational activities related to the procurement of goods and services, obtaining the best price and meeting delivery requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Purchases materials, supplies, equipment and services.
* Negotiates with vendors for office supplies, negotiating the best possible price and service guarantee.
* Adheres to purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
* Ensures accuracy of vendor account information in conjunction with the accounting department.
* Submit purchase orders to vendor and obtain order acknowledgement.
* Continuous follow-up with vendor regarding open order status.
* Works closely and communicates with all requisitioning departments and personnel to coordinate delivery, provide order information, and report availability.
* Obtains/creates sourcing information and keep specifications and/or catalog information in procurement system up to date.
* Special projects as assigned by the Procurement Manager.
* Bachelorâ€™s degree preferred
* Minimum of 3 years Purchasing Experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated ability to work both independently and with a team.
* Must demonstrate knowledge of purchasing core functions.
* Adaptability and comfort working in a fast-paced environment that demands continuous follow-up.
* Self-Starter and strategic thinker.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Must be able to utilize sound business judgement in decision making and problem solving.
* Must keep both paper documents and electronic data organized and accessible.
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel.
More Jobs from Birch Family Services
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer