While working as a Marketing Intern, you will be tasked with fulfilling duties and performing tasks related to the strategic planning and initiatives of the marketing department.
Specifically, you will support the creative efforts of the Marketing team to help fulfill client needs, manage the company's image throughout the community, and work on special projects as assigned.
The person in this position assists with performing the operational functions of the department, ensuring that metrics are tracked and the company is actively represented in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Maintain and manage all social media post for assigned brand
* Write blog posts, as assigned, for company publications
* Prepare and organize marketing collateral and giveaways for guests and events
* Conduct market research and prepare customer surveys
* Organize, prepare material for, and attend networking events to support set up and breakdown of sales booths, and other events as needed
* Proofread emails for internal and external communication with employees, customers and networking leads, specifically, Miller's Minutes, monthly electronic newsletter, monthly branded follow-ups, product specific emails, and holiday/event announcements
* Organize, update and highlight products in the showroom in the Owings Mills office, as well as other store locations as required.
* Manage rock star photos by taking photos of guests on tours, socially posting photos, and mailing the photos to the rock star as a memento
* Maintain a running inventory of marketing materials, the supply closet, and the $tollar Store and update the marketing department on reorders as needed
* Collaborate with other departments and the leadership team to set up of the training room with marketing collateral and other supplies as needed
* Manage some of the logistics of the 10 AM meetings by taking minutes and organizing the Bingo incentive program when needed as a backup
Nonessential Duties and Responsibilities
* Work on job assignments in other departments as instructed, most commonly graphics
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must be pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or some related field
Ability to read and interpret important documents, especially basic informational reports and email correspondence
Ability to speak effectively in front of co-workers, managers, and customers
Must be fluent in English
Ability to add and subtract numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
Mathematical operations applied to calculating simple costs is critical
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Performing this job successfully requires that an individual have a solid understanding of computers, data entry, Microsoft Office suite, social media platforms and email applications such as Microsoft Outlook.
Ability to perform basic functions in Adobe creative suite applications.
* Knowledge of Marketing Principles
* Capable of setting up and operating office equipment such as an all-in-one copier
* Ability to write effective correspondence to customers and coworkers
* Ability to pass a background check
* Vision abilities required by this job include being able to see clearly at 20 inches or less, distinguish colors, and adjust focus.
* Strong attention to detail
* Thorough marked by full detail and completion
* Displays a strong team-oriented mindset
* Excellent communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills developing relationships with coworkers and customers
* Positive attitude
* Superb multitasking skills
* Concern for others
* Committed to company mission and values
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Physical demands
+ While performing the duties of this job, one is regularly required to sit at a desk and answer phones and work on computer desktops.
Occasionally, standing and walking to copiers, printers, and scanners is required.
The associate must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds.
* Work environment
+ While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to noise typical of an office environment such as printers, computers, and phones operating.
Occasionally, this position will require traveling to events and shows for set-up, breakdown and company representation.
This position may also require occasional traveling to the other store locations to update showrooms as n...
More Jobs from Strategic Factory
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer