Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange.
It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets.
The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries.
Â Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
is currently looking for a Purchasing Manager for their Purchasing Department.
Â The right candidate will obtain and maintain best qualified and best-priced products and labor contracts to build homes.
Manage and direct Purchasing Staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Manage all aspects of purchasing for the division
* Create budgets for upcoming projects
* Manage costs of existing projects
* Bid architectural plans to subcontractors and vendors
* Obtain quality work at a competitive price
* Purchasing of material
* Hiring of contractors, suppliers and laborers
Directly supervisesÂ two orÂ moreÂ employees in the Purchasing Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Education and/or Experience Â Â
Bachelor's degree (B.
A.) from four-year college or university; or six to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Â Â Â
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Come joinÂ a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success.
We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental.
Build YOUR future with D.R.
Horton, America's Builder.
Come follow our newest Open Jobs on TwitterÂ and like us onÂ Facebook!Â
More Jobs from D.R. Horton, Inc.
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer