Seasonal Intern, Production Department
Kognito (www.kognito.com) is a health simulation company based in NYC.
We develop role-play simulations where users engage in conversations with virtual humans and learn how to lead similar conversations in real-life that result in improved social, emotional, and physical health.
We work with more than 300 health, education, and govâ€™t organizations in and outside of the U.S.
To date, more than 1 million people completed a Kognito simulation.
Our team of 50+ people includes learning scientists, psychologists, software engineers, graphic artists, writers, and operation specialists.
Ascend Learning, LLC (www.ascendlearning.com) is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services.
We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields.
Ascend employs more than 1,000 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St.
Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
This role isÂ ideal for a creative thinker who is eager to learn new things and solve novel problems, has exceptional communication skills and attention to detail, and is versed in thinking from the perspective of the learner.
* Assist with conceptualizing and communicating the instructional vision for simulations, including defining learning goals and instructional strategy
* Coordinate and conduct end-user interviews, subject-matter-expert meetings, role-plays, and user-testing sessions; and record notes on such meetings
* Research new topics and writing instructional content, including interactive conversations and didactic modules
* Assist with using our proprietary conversation-writing software to author the narrative/dialogue and game-logic of our conversations
* Assist with recording voice actors and editing narration
Education and /Experience:
* Active coursework in Instructional Design, Learning Theory, Interactive Writing, Cognitive/Behavioral Science and Learning, or related degree
* Professional experience creating simulations, games, and/or interactive multi-media learning experiences is ideal
Skills and Abilities:
* Self-motivated, detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills and technical aptitude
* Excellent interpersonal skills: verbal and written communication skills, including writing concisely
* Film/TV Production and Acting/Theater experience a plus
* Ability to pursue multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
More Jobs from Ascend Learning, Inc.
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer