Posted Date 17 hours ago (1/9/2018 12:33 PM)
Job ID 2017-35636 # Positions 1 Category Supply Mgmt and Trans
Terex Utilities is a leading designer and manufacturer of digger derricks, aerial devices and associated equipment for the electrical utility, telecommunications, tree care and electrical contractor markets.
The Materials Manager ensures that the materials delivery system are in place to ensure efficient flow of material to support the production demands of a multi-site, integrated manufacturing environment.
Monitors timing and sequence of material movements and makes systems adjustments for optimizing inventory and minimizing waste.
Responsible for the materials information flow within the Terex materials management system; kanban, just-in-time deliveries and plan-for-every-part (PFEP.)
Plans, directs, and coordinates programs and processes to ensure material availability and delivery in support of manufacturing.
Formulates plant supplied materials forecast based on order entry rates and manufacturing constraints.
Collects and compiles data on supplier quality, cost, and delivery.
Reports on supplier performance and coordinates corrective action with suppliers.
Responsible for daily management and facilitation of daily activities in the assigned areas.
* Manage and develop a team to ensure goals and objectives of the organization are met and that a safe work environment is provided for team members
* Oversees and maintains optimum inventory levels to ensure just-in-time deliveries to support manufacturing requirements while minimizing carrying costs and premium transportation charges.
* Converts production control planning and scheduling programs to meet materials forecasts and to balance the level of inventory to support manufacturing.
* Develops and maintains continuing programs of exploration for new materials, suppliers, and processes to achieve the best possible quality, reliability, prices, and delivery.
* Coordinates material requirements planning using the "lean manufacturing" philosophy.
* Gathers information to evaluate current work processes in order to determine the optimal flow of materials information.
* Develops strategies and programs that improve the productivity and efficiency of materials flows within the company.
* Develop and maintain PFEP.
Ensures and oversees the PFEP database, either directly or through subordinates.
* Ensures the rules of Kanban are maintained.
* Identify root causes of shortages and implement corrective actions.
* Identify and implement material information flow requirements.
* Exercise judgment to take action within existing policy, strategy, and business conditions.
* Develop alternate plan scenarios that are reasonable and meet short and long term objectives.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position...
More Jobs from Terex
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer