The Commodity Manager will be responsible for the creation and development of initial and continuous supplier programs.
This person will also be responsible in constructing and negotiating contractual agreements with suppliers.
Conduct and provide market analysis reports and data as required by the VP of Supply Chain and as required to insure continuous efficiency improvements.
The Commodity Manager is also responsible for ordering designated materials in accordance with a MRP schedule insuring the timely delivery of quality materials to meet production requirements.
* Create commodity strategy and execute commodity action plan
* Supplier Rationalization Strategy (grow/manage/exit strategies), by developing short, mid and long-term supplier business roadmaps.Â Â
* Commodity Benchmarking - thorough understanding of benchmarking data (internal and external) as well as key commodity cost drivers.Â
* Track and communicate global commodity industry trends, competitor strategies, economic factors and opportunities in the global market place.
* Deliver Budgeted/Forecasted Cost Reductions by assigned commodity.
+ Develop Cost Models to understand "should be" cost to identify and drive cost reduction opportunities and assure cost competitiveness in pursuit of new business opportunities.
o Work closely with Manufacturing, Purchasing and Engineering in support of Cost Estimating/Quotation process
+ Identify Cost Reduction opportunities based on:
o Benchmarking data base and key cost driver analysis
o Capacity analysis at suppliers
o Product/process improvements
o Implementation of new technologies
o Execution of competitive sourcing process
o Commodity market trends
+ Lead resolution of commercial issues with Global/Key Commodity Suppliers when necessary
* Support Supplier Selection process.
* Manage the supply base globally.
+ Track Supplier Performance Metrics - Quality, Delivery and Cost
+ Understand supply base structure, financial strength, book of business, manufacturing/engineering capabilities, open capacity, strengths and weaknesses
* Initiate RFQâ€™s for new product projects or engineering projects and award business per strategy.
* Support related cross-functional supply chain activities.
* Complete special projects and ad-hoc management requests.
* Bachelorâ€™s Degree required, MBA a plus.Â Â
Experience / Skills Required:
* 5+ years of supply chain experience with concentration in sourcing and purchasing.Â Â
* CPM and/or APICS certification would be beneficial as well as prior purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.Â
* Proficiency using Microsoft Excel or Access and MRP systems is essential.
* Experience identifying, evaluating and developing new suppliers required in execution of role.Â
* Superior written and oral communication skills and the ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities.Â Â
* Must have a strong sense of urgency and the ability and desire to function in a team environment.Â Â
* Must possess negotiation, communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills with demonstrated results.
* Must be willing to travel.
More Jobs from Genie
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer