Senior Technical Writer
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
The technical documentation writer will coordinate writing, editing, and release of development, verification and validation documentation to support new product release, including engineering reports, verification and validation protocols and reports, technical specification documents and engineering design and operational process review summaries.
* Work with R&D and New Product Introduction Teams, to plan, write, and edit technical documentation for a variety of scientific audiences including Quality / Regulatory, Genomic Researchers, Bioinformaticians and lab technicians.
* Collect data by interviewing technical and process specialists, researching written material, attending training and demonstrations, using products, and observing users.
* Independently synthesize and describe complex scientific data, and be well versed in scientific terminology, principles, and publishing standards.
* Generate documents that meet appropriate quality standard, to support formal verification and validation activities.
* Lead and implement changes to improve the collaborative document creation process.
* Work efficiently and accurately in content management systems, adhering to best practices and departmental standards for terminology, content management, and reuse.
* Coordinate and maintain organized records of all supporting materials, document drafts, and versions.
* Execute on SAP or other ERP systems processing of final documents finished documentation.
* Quickly learn and apply new tools, processes, and standards.
Demonstrate adaptability and forward thinking in the face of technological or organizational change.
* Must be organized, attentive to detail, service oriented, and dedicated to delivering documents that adhere to ISO and FDA standards.
* Able to successfully manage multiple projects from concept to release under tight deadlines while coordinating input from numerous sources.
English proficiency and excellent grammatical, writing, and editorial skills are required.
* Expert level experience in with Word, Visio is required.
* Experience with SAP and Confluence is strongly preferred.
* Experience establishing a collaborative document creation methodology preferred.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
* 5 to 8 yearsâ€™ experience as a technical writer in industry, (biotech, medical device, hardware,) focused on scientific or regulatory writing or the equivalent.
* Knowledge and skills typically acquired through previous positions in fast-paced corporate environments which involved responsibility for similar work.
* Bachelor's Required, Advanced degree in chemistry, biochemistry, materialâ€™s or bioengineering, molecula...
More Jobs from Illumina, Inc.
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer