Test Engineering Manager
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide.
Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Finmeccanica S.p.A.
which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide.
We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance.
For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
Job Location:Â Milwaukee, WI
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Test Engineering and involves supervising both hardware and software test engineers.Â Position includes assigning work to test engineers, monitoring progress on assigned projects and making corrections in direction as needed to maintain cost and schedule targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Supervise test engineers writing test procedures, designing test fixtures, and writing test reports
* Supervise test engineers performing software test functions
* Manage budget, cost and schedule for assigned projects
* Communicate clearly both orally and in writing
* Participate in preparation of proposals including developing bid estimates
* Support, communicate and reinforce the mission and values of the organization
* Must take full ownership for all assigned areas working overtime as needed to accomplish goals
* Travel up to 10%
* Must be US citizen
* BSEE and minimum 5 years of experience in engineering field
* Strong knowledge of power electronics, power systems and software desirable
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
* Knowledge of 3-phase power systems, control systems, switchgear, motors, MG sets, programmable logic controllers, Mil standards including MIL-S-901, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-1399 and SS-473.
More Jobs from DRS Technologies
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer