Right of Way Agent
Who are we? Watch to find out!
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
TheÂ Right of Way (ROW) AgentÂ is responsible for communicating the needs of Flint Hills Resources (FHR) to key Stakeholder audiences, including landowners and/or tenants, with a strong focus on maintaining positive landowner relationships.
Â They must understand the rights of FHR, and its affiliates, to perform certain maintenance activities, respond to internal and external questions, and work proactively to provide resolution to problems.
Â Successful Right of Way Agents proactively coordinate with local operations personnel regarding potential issues with State One Call requirements, project management, and obtaining the necessary permissions, including right of way acquisition, to complete such projects on time and within budget.Â In addition, the Right of Way Agent will be responsible for handling the right of way permitting with entities who desire to encroach on FHR easements while communicating and promoting damage prevention and internally approved pipeline safety messages.Â Qualified candidates must be able to make sound economic decisions, ensure incident prevention, drive predictable execution, and achieve competitive results.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Identifies land ownership from company and public records
* Settlement of property damage claims associated with construction, operation, and maintenance activities
* Researches and settles encroachment situations
* Negotiate rights-of-way and obtain other rights needed to support the operation and construction of pipelines and related facilities
* Contacts various state, county, and/or local agencies to secure permits for road crossings, etc.
* Documenting all communications with landowners
* Work closely with legal and management for agreements and approvals
* Prepares cost estimates associated with ROW or other agreement acquisition
What You Will Need:
* Knowledge of Land and Right of Way related agreements, deeds, easements, leases, permits and licenses
* 3+ years ofÂ experience related to Land and ROW management
* High School diploma or equivalent
* A valid driver's licenseÂ Â
* Must be able to successfully multi-task within short deadlines
* Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work schedules
* Demonstrate strong negotiation skills and problem-solving abilities using logic and experience to identify and resolve problems by looking beyond obvious remedies
* Ability to work in fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Strong attention to detail
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Microsoft Office literate and the ability to learn proprietary programs and databases
More Jobs from Flint Hills Resources, LP
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer