Technician Field - Heavy Equipment
NMC has served customers with equipment and service solutions since 1938.
Today, our company remains customer-focused by providing a comprehensive line of product sales, parts, rental and services vital to the construction, power generation, material handling, on-highway truck, agriculture and railroad industries.
Whether itâ€™s Caterpillar equipment or another leading equipment manufacturer, NMC continually forges new solutions to meet the changing needs of its customers.Â NMC continues to take pride in developing strong relationships with customers and our employees.
These personal connections cultivate growth and success â€“ and they are the strength of NMC.
It is this strength which will move NMC into tomorrow.
This NMC Heavy Equipment Field Technician is responsible for repairing machines to the customerâ€™s satisfaction in the field, shop or customerâ€™s location.
Removes, installs, repairs, disassembles, assembles, performs failure analysis of all equipment including engines, attachments, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmissions, power train, brakes, steering, and electronic and computer applications.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Conducts necessary machine performance and diagnostic tests, interprets results and makes an independent decision as to the extent of machine repair.
* Inspects, diagnoses, troubleshoots, services and repairs customer machines in a field environment.
* References and interprets service manuals, diagnostic software and parts books to determine problems/malfunctions and to verify repair specifications and parts needed.
* Verifies warranty information for parts still under warranty and handles return of core and remanufactured parts.
* Performs failure analysis on all equipment including engines, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmission, power train, brakes, steering and electronic/computer applications.
* Uses troubleshooting methods to repair and diagnose machine and attachment failures and performs repairs according to time requirement guidelines (TRG) standards.
Escalates unresolved issues to Technical Communicators for further research and assistance.
* Performs work in the field, shop, or at customer locations which can include overtime and overnight assignments.
* Repairs machines without error and consistently repairs machines within the time requirement guidelines.
* Repairs warranty and service letter issues efficiently and as soon as possible.
* Uses web based computer programs effectively to address technical issues.
Performs all required tasks in accordance with outlined procedures.
* Conducts business professionally.
Maintains self-control and integrity in stressful situations.
Maintains a professional image.
* Adheres to all customer requirements while on job site.
* Orders parts required to complete repairs.
Evaluates parts to determine reusability and cause of failure.
* Completes service reports, time entry, ...
More Jobs from Nebraska Machinery Company
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer