Position Purpose & Summary
Responsible for oversight of all stockroom operations, typically at a single plant/location, including oversight of procurement transaction processes and inventory/procurement records, providing location procurement support and planning, managing supplier events and relationships, implementing sourcing strategies, as well as talent, resource and budget management.
40% Manage / Execute Procurement Transaction Processes:
* Directly supervises the day to day operations of a warehouse/stockroom (e.g.
packaging warehouse, maintenance parts stockroom, etc.), typically for a single location including:
+ Receiving of materials/goods and/or supplies (both physical receipt and in procurement/inventory management system)
+ Location management
+ Coordination of handling of storage of materials/goods and/or supplies
+ Delivery of materials/goods and/or supplies within a location
* Oversees the processing of requests for procurement of materials/goods and/or supplies for local use from various plant/location staff or a procurement/inventory management system (e.g.
Maximo or other ERP) for nondiscretionary, contracted spend, such as stock replenishment or planned spend, as well as new materials/goods and/or supplies from existing supplier contracts within established, moderate dollar limits.
* Trains employees on and ensures compliance with warehouse/stockroom policies and procedures.
* Creates and modifies warehouse/stockroom procedure documentation for work steps within scope of teamâ€™s responsibility.
* Sets objectives for team related to warehouse/stockroom operations for supported locations/plants to achieve targets.
20% Manage Inventory / Procurement Records:
* Responsible for ensuring accuracy of information entered into procurement/inventory management system (e.g.
Maximo or other ERP) by storeroom/warehouse staff (e.g.
stock levels, re-ordering details, descriptions, product codes, locations, suppliers, prices, units of measure); checks electronic and/or hard-copy records and files for accuracy.
* Performs basic analysis of standard reports and other readily available inventory data.
* Schedules, oversees and participates in performing regular physical inventories of warehouse/stockroom.
* Responsible for the reconciliation of physical inventories with procurement/inventory management system (e.g.
Maximo or other ERP); researches discrepancies and recommends remedial actions to resolve.
* Ensures team effectively utilizes reports from procurement/inventory management system; recommends improvements to existing reports.
10% Provide Procurement Support & Planning:
* Responsible for optimizing inventory levels for the short and longer term within the warehouse/stockroom in order to support plant/location operations.
* Responds to stakeholder requests from location manage...
More Jobs from Cargill
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer