Procurement & Contract Specialist II
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
â€¢ Prepares commodity, material and equipment procurements and less complex lower risk service procurements.
â€¢ Prepare and process Request for Proposals and Invitation for Bids by reviewing technical specifications.
â€¢ Reviews requisitions and determines appropriate method of procurement in adherence to procurement related statutes and Procurement Policy and Procedures.
â€¢ Confers with end users and vendors to obtain product information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule for equipment, materials, and supplies.
â€¢ Make contract award within delegated limits or coordinates approval as applicable.
â€¢ Analyze and negotiates as necessary change order requests, (price escalation / de-escalation, change in scope, payment schedules, contract administration, etc.) and process any subsequent change order or amendments.
â€¢ Coordinate the ordering of coffee supplies, paper, and copier related supplies.
â€¢ Perform new vendor set-up and other related functions within the RDU ERP system.
â€¢ Perform small purchasing functions, spend analysis, purchase order reports, and other system related functions (ie.
ERP and SpreadSheet Server reporting.
â€¢ Perform iProcurement training, and new hire training functions.
â€¢ Contribute to goals for cost reduction and process improvements.
â€¢ Identify and investigate continuous improvement opportunities within the Procurement function.
â€¢ Maintain appropriate contract files and archives.
â€¢ Obtains RDU level approvals as needed.
â€¢ Perform other related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
â€¢ Knowledge of procurement, including best practice procurement concepts
â€¢ Possesses analytical skills
â€¢ Ability to work through multiple tasks simultaneously, manages time efficiently, and works with minimal supervision
â€¢ Ability to apply sound business judgment and guidance to management in a deadline oriented environment
â€¢ Advanced Analytical Skills, Considerable experience in Spend/Cost Analytics
Must be willing and able to attain CPPB, CPPO or CLGPO certifications.
Hiring Salary Range: $48,336.17- $67,069.51
* 2 - 3 years: Progressive Procurement Experience
* Bachelors or better in Business Administration
* Bachelors or better in Supply Chain
* Basic Computer
* Critical Thinking
* Problem Solving
* Planning & Organization
* Time Management
* Written Communication
* Verbal Communication
* Research & Analytical
* Public Speaking
* Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
* Active Listener: Listen effectively and understand the topic at hand
* Collaborative: Supports organization and team goals
- Rate: Not Specified
- Location: Raleigh, US-NC
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Purchasing
- Recruiter: Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
- Contact: Rosa M. Cheatham
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: PROCU01145-00001
- Posted: 2018-01-03 06:55:26 -
- View all Jobs from Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
More Jobs from Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer