Calling all newshounds!Â If you have a nose for news and a keen eye for a good story, we would like you to join our team.Â We are an energetic and focused group that delivers breaking and buzzy news on eleven websites in the powerful Fairfield County market; ctpost.com, newstimes.com, greenwichtime.com, stamfordadvocate.com, thehour.com, dariennewsonline.com, fairfieldcitizenonline.com, newcanaannewsonline.com, newmilfordspectrum.com, westport-news.com and wiltonvillager.com.
The Hearst Connecticut Digital team oversees, manages and creates online content for a group of five daily and six weekly news sites in southwestern Connecticut.Â The producer curates and packages content from multiple sources, including the papersâ€™ editorial staffs as well as local and non-local online sites.
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Use editorial judgment to create and curate engaging content, combing local and non-local online news resources for relevant stories, photos, blogs and videos for our readers.
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Edit copy and write headlines.
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Use social media to promote content and engage our audience.
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Engage audience through new and emerging technologies.
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Monitor analytics and act on metrics related to the growth of the online news audience.
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Develop healthy communication channels to provide feedback on content that drives audience response.
Â·Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Identify new business or social media opportunities.
* College degree required.Â
* Minimum of 3 years previous online producer experience required.
* Experience in a news environment preferred.
* Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
* Fluency in Social Media.
* Proven time and project management skills.
* Strong editorial judgment and a passion for interactive media as well as outside-the-box problem solving and fresh ideas for a changing media landscape are a plus.
More Jobs from HEARST MEDIA SERVICES CT LLC
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer