Strategic Sourcing Sub-Category Lead Ingredients (M/F)
Cargill Strategic Sourcing & Procurement (CSSP) is Cargill global indirect procurement with regional groups in North America, Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific.
We are organized around 6 categories: Food Ingredients, Packaging, Chemicals, Energy, Plant Materials & Services, and Corporate Materials & Services.
As Strategic Sourcing Sub Category Lead Ingredients, your mission is to create tangible value through leading sourcing and category management efforts for designated Ingredients subcategories.
The Ingredients Sub Category Lead will focus predominantly on Ingredients subcategories.
It can evolve into a position with extended exposure into both Ingredients and Packaging categories.
The scope of the role is the EMEA (Europe Middle East and Africa) region with opportunity to manage some global Categories and Suppliers.
You will be part of the EMEA Ingredients and Packaging Team.
And you work in a virtual team of peers throughout Europe.
25% - Category Expertise:
* Develop and maintain deep expertise in the assigned Ingredients sub-category areas: Market dynamics (raw material supply and demand), supplier economics, basic manufacturing process, industry benchmarks, etc.
* Develop detailed understanding of the Ingredients activity within Cargill: spend profile, supplier performance, volume forecast and demand evolution, specifications, usage, innovation requirementâ€¦etc.
40% - Value Capture and Category Management:
* Determine where sourcing can have greater involvement and drive value.
Ensure intimate understanding of the Business and Customer needs
* Develop and update 3 year strategic plan.
Align with the Business from planning to execution and implementation at the plant level
* Lead regional category effort and support global initiatives:
* Challenge need and specifications
* Lead tenders and negotiations
* Keep track of Ingredients raw material and market commodity moves.
* Provide quarterly information to the business on potential impact.
* Recommend and Take action on risk management and hedging options.
* Develop Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) program including cost out, innovation and sustainability initiatives
* Monitor supplier performance through Service Level Agreements together with Procurement Team
* Set-up regional contracts and cascade communication
* Engage and coordinate with Stakeholders (R&D, Production, Logisticsâ€¦) and Suppliers to execute strategies
Deliver hard savings and additional value for the business and the customers
25% - Continuous improvement and Project Management
* Work with Supplier and Cargill operations on improving the entire sourcing lifecycle
* Define, deploy and maintain best practices
10% - Procurement and Supply-Chain support
* Resolve escalation of Operational Issues
* Advanced degree in Business, Procurement or Agricultural Economics
* 5+ years of working experience, 3+ years relevant experience in Raw
* Materials or Ingredients Procurement - Risk Management and Commodity
* Hedging experience is a major plus
* Strong strategic, analytical, commercial and negotiation skills
* Strong resilience and interpersonal skills
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and coordinate initiatives in a global virtual team environment
* Fluent in English
* Ability to travel 20%
More Jobs from Cargill
- Technology Analyst - US
- Registered Nurse Practice - St Francis Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Manager Infection Control
- Transport Nurse- 7pm-7am, 72 hours every two weeks
- Facilities Technician
- Lead Process/Production
- Career Product Surface Prep - Plant 19
- Design Engineer
- Car Install (MECP Basic, Geek Squad)
- Inventory Specialist
- Inventory Specialist
- Best Buy Mobile Sales Consultant
- Specialty Sales Manager, Connections
- Geek Squad Double Agent, Appliance
- Geek Squad Delivery Experience Cadet
- Geek Squad Agent
- Best Buy Sales Consultant â€“ Computing and DI
- Magnolia Design Center System Designer